Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BioTHIN?? page

nikitakolata is online now Senior Member

BioTHIN??

Shop Now
    On the recommendation of several people here, I've started reading Primal Body, Primal Mind. In the book, Natural Health Information Articles and Health Newsletter by Dr. Joseph Mercola is recommended as a good source of personal care products (shampoo, condition, etc.) that are gluten free.

I've decided that if I'm going to do this, I need to really do it all the way and eliminate even the hidden sources of gluten in my life. So, I went to the site to buy some shampoo. Immiately though, I was bombarded with information about BioTHIN. I'm wondering what people here think about it.

Honestly, this whole lifestyle change has definitely thrown me for a loop. I am extremely stressed out about it because, whereas before I felt guilty whenever I ate too much of something (counting calories) now I feel guilty when I eat just about anything at all... the milk isn't raw, the eggs say they're free range, but are they really good enough?, is the salmon the right kind of salmon?, did I work out too intensely?, did I work out enough?, yada, yada, yada. I'm starting to feel crippled with guilt/stress over every single thing I eat/don't eat and do/don't do. Earlier today I was considering taking phentermine again because when I take that I'm not hungry, so it is a lot easier to control what I eat (I can just wait until I can prepare something I am positive fits all the paleo criteria).

So anyway, if anyone has thoughts, I want to hear them. I would also love it if people could share some breakfast and lunch ideas that are EASY EASY EASY to take with me to work. I walk 0.8 miles to the train station and another half mile to my office after the train every day. I hate carrying a lot of stuff with me if I can avoid it, which means I hate bringing my food to work. I need both hands free in case I fall on the ice (happens at least once a year...). I'm really overwhelmed with all the rules (grass fed beef, no dairy, only raw dairy, pesticide free veggies, etc.) and I don't feel like anything I'm doing is right. That is compounded by the fact that I haven't lost any weight, of course. I would love it if there was something easy to carry (like a bar or something that would fit in my purse) I could bring to work for meals. Or, if there are restaurants in the Chicago loop that anyone knows of, I will go to them instead. I honestly don't even care how much the food costs. I would spend $20 on lunch if I knew it fit all the rules and meant I didn't need to carry an extra bag every darn day.

PrimalKahuna is offline Junior Member
    a good handheld food for breakfast or lunch is frittata muffins. Just mix your favorite meats and veggies w/ organic cage free egg batter in muffin tins and then pack them into sandwich bags to grab and go.

alg2435 is offline Senior Member
    When you start thinking like that, STOP! It's expensive to buy everything organic. Do what you can, be proud that you're eating well for yourself, and leave it at that.
    Making adventure out of this thing called life

whitebear is offline Senior Member
    Just do the best you can with the resources that are available to you. If you want to go all organic,free range,grass fed,etc. start with a few things and add more items as you find them. A lot of the recommended food is expensive and can be hard to find and it's not worth stressing over. I am waiting for my tax return to come so I can order a quarter grass fed beef and and some other natural meats to stock the freezer.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alg2435 View Post
    When you start thinking like that, STOP! It's expensive to buy everything organic. Do what you can, be proud that you're eating well for yourself, and leave it at that.
    ^ This...

jammies is offline Senior Member
    There is an expression that people use around here a lot:

Don't let perfect be the enemy of good.

You should be happy when you make a good decision for your body. The beauty of eating this way is that you absolutely do NOT need to be perfect to succeed. Eating primal food is fantastic for your body - even when you don't get the perfect primal food. Avoiding grains, HFCS and crappy oils will do wonders for you -even if they sneak in a little.

You are over-thinking this. Just eat the best primal for YOU have access to and you'll do great

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    It sounds somewhat like you are psychologically dependant on this "phentermine". This is an addiction. Stop taking it.
    Oh and if you ed up having a steak or salad which isn't completely organic it won't kill you. Just avoid any sauces or bread.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

I guess maybe I am over thinking everything. I've been making the assumption that the people posting on this forum are doing primal perfectly during the 80% (or more) that they're sticking to the plan. I know I haven't been perfect because, for example, I get my salads from a salad bar near my office during the work week. I use my own dressing, but I would be willing to bet anything that the vegetables in the salad bar are not organic, local, or anything else of that nature. Same with the omelets I have for breakfast most days; they're made at a restaurant. On the weekend I make those things myself, but during the week I'm so rushed 90% of the time that if I try to only eat things I make myself I would go crazy and spend all my free time cooking.

As for the phentermine, I haven't taken that in a long time. I used it in 2009 to lose weight for my wedding and for a few months after. I just remember how it made me feel so "in control" in a way I have never felt before or since when it comes to food. So yeah, when I start feeling out of control I always think back to it...

But, seriously, does anyone know anything about biothin? I highly doubt that it works, but at the same time I am so desperate to lose weight that I would probably try anything.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nikitakolata View Post
    it made me feel so "in control" in a way I have never felt before or since when it comes to food. So yeah, when I start feeling out of control I always think back to it...
    Addiction.

And no, pills do not make you lose weight, at least not without serious side effects.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    Addiction.

And no, pills do not make you lose weight, at least not without serious side effects.
    Well, I don't think BioThin would make a person lose weight. I am more curious as to whether the ingredients in it are good as supplements to help improve leptin resistance, for example. I've read a lot on Jack Kruse's site, but lately I am just on information overload. I have read so much in such a short time frame that I can't keep it straight anymore. So, that is what I'm wondering. I don't think any pill will magically make a person lose weight. But, I do believe that supplements can help a person's body operate more optimally, which I don't think is really a foreign concept to most people here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast