Thread: Another Newbie page

Penady is offline Senior Member

Smile Another Newbie

Shop Now
    Hi All,

I've been Primal for about 12 days now. So far, so good. I've found it relatively easy, so far. Around New Year's I was reviewing my dietary strategy and was appalled at the amount of processed foods I was eating, mostly for the convenience factor. I started thinking that I was going to cut the majority of them out. My way of thinking was that if it's closer to nature, it HAS to be healthier (also note I gained 26 pounds last year by eating this way...ugh!). Then a friend at work, who had recently gone Primal herself after watching her sister have a lot of success, told me about it. It was like my AHA moment.

A little more about me...I'm 32, female, and have always yo-yo'ed with my weight. I pretty much grew up the chunky chick in school. I slightly slimmed down in High School, and then BLEW UP in college (hello chili cheese fries in the cafeteria). I was so totally deluded that I didn't even realize it until I got my graduation pictures. Something had to give at that point. So, in the following 10 years I've tried almost every diet known to man. Dukan=horrible leg cramps. Weight Watchers=weight GAIN. Jenny Craig/Nutrasystem=too expensive and disgusting food. Low fat=always hungry. I eventually lost 80 pounds with a combination of a low fat/low carb diet and working out 3-4 days a week, but it was not maintainable because I was always hungry. So, I've gained back 50 of those pounds. And I'm tired of it all.

So, I've gone Primal. Not just for weight loss, but because I totally support the premise of eating whole, non-processed, delicious, nutritious, and filling foods. I think weight loss will be a natural consequence of just eating healthier and getting back to a reasonable exercise routine.

So, that's me.
    Last edited by Penady; 01-19-2012 at 12:09 PM.

ladyerwyn is offline Junior Member
    Your story is very similar to mine. I started this because I want to have energy again and feel good and finally lose all this weight that I've gained back after I stopped starving myself on Weight Watchers. .

MyDogTuff is offline Junior Member
    I so understand the "trying every diet out there". I have been there too. I too think that focusing on the healthy living/eating/working out will lead to weight loss. Good luck to us both as we work on this new lifestyle!