Thread: My new workout plan. What do you think? page

Dualhammers is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

So now that my new job is official started I have retooled my workout times. My plan is to get 1-2 hours of lifting time in 5 days a week Mon-Friday in the morning before I head to work in the gym a few floors down. Then, on Saturdays I am going to take that time to do sprints.

Those of you who have already gotten in great shape: does this sound like a plan good enough to get me into the best shape of my life?

Mr B Guest

depends.

depends on workout load/intensity each day. depends on your goal(s). your recovery rate. etc.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Sounds a bit too much. Been there, done that.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

mstrudle is offline Member

If you&#39;re lifting 5 days a week at a very high intensity (when I say intensity in this case, I mean volume) you will burn out. Tone down the intensity and it is manageable; I work out 5 days a week, the same lift (deadlift) every day, but I only do two sets. If I want hypertrophy I do more, but that workout I only do three times per week.

Keep intensity high when it comes to weight/tension, low in volume. You will get stronger this way, but will burn out if you work too hard.

Dualhammers is offline Senior Member

Not the most encouraging group ever. My goal is 3 days of the 5 being heavier lifting, with the other 2 days being light lifting on support muscles, or recovery days where I simply do easy body-weight exercises.

Mr B Guest

lol you want to be "encouraged" or you want the truth?

truth is, you CAN lift 5-6 days a week, but you have to manage it properly or you&#39;ll get burnt out and frusturated.

Vick is offline Senior Member

Actually we are vey encouraging. We are encouraging you to allow your body to rest and adapt.

Exercise is like medication. It is easy to overdose on.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

I&#39;m curious. You&#39;ve been around for a couple months, you have an interest in weight lifting and have no doubt read about what other people here are doing in that regard, which, as Mark suggests, is 2-3 times a week of high intensity, short duration lifting. What made you arrive at the workout plan you proposed?

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!