Thread: Blendtec vs Vitamix Blender page

Soduko is offline Junior Member

Cool Blendtec vs Vitamix Blender

Shop Now
    I'm looking for some advice on a blender purchase. Iím either going to buy a Blendtec or a Vitamix Ė the home use version not professional. Has anyone any thoughts / advice. Iíve read good and bad reviews on both and keep changing my mind about which to buy! I would like to be able to blend all sorts of leafy greens (tough cabbage and kale), beetroots, carrots etc into a smooth smoothie with no bits. Do both blenders do this.

Which is the best?

Thanks

Aoife

Janola02 is offline Junior Member

Vitamix

I can not speak for Blendtec, but Vitamex is an incredibly well made product and will last forever. So you definitely can't go wrong there.

Vitamix all the way.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I've read the Blendtec is not anything like the Vitamix. There was some other blender I read about- idk the Tornado or something, also not like a Vitamix.

lisaknex is offline Junior Member
    I love my vitamix! Don't know much about the blendtec, it was several years again that I researched and decided to go with the vitamix. I do not regret the purchase and use the vitamix several times a week. It will blend anything and leave no bits or pieces.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Bought a refurbished Vitamix a couple years back. Love it. Would not blend without it.

dianejaquay is offline Member
    I bought a Vitamix about 6 months ago (from QVC), this was before I discovered Primal, but it ended up being the perfect purchase at the perfect time. I use it every day and love it! I've been making a lot of green smoothies lately and it works perfectly for those, no matter what I put in there. We use it to make homemade almond milk, coconut cream, Primal ice creams/sorbets, to puree veggies, make soups, and I've started using it to make nut butters. I made an amazing tasting cashew almond butter the other day and the Vitamix made easy work of it. I don't know about the Blendtec, but I definitely give 2 thumbs up to the Vitamix!

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    They're both great high speed blenders.
    I have a Blendtec and love it. I've used the heck out of it over the past few years and only had to replace the carafe (which was free). One difference is that Blendtec has a computerized motor with many handy presets. It knows when to shut itself off and varies the speed as it's blending. It does a great job of breaking down anything I've put in it. I highly recommend it.

Soduko is offline Junior Member
    Thanks so much everyone for your responses. I went with the Vitamix and have just ordered it. Looking forward to using it.