Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Home Equipment for Body By Science page 2

GR8ADVENTURE is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by szorn View Post
    I had a Powertec Leverage Bench at one time and it works great for HIT. The weight plates are placed on a lever arm that has a support pin under it so you can't injure yourself when going to failure. Also, it can be used for a couple of dozen different exercises including squats, rows, shoulder presses, bench presses, etc. However, a new one will run you about $900. Although, you may find a used one for less. Official Site of Powertec Home Gym | Exercise Equipment | Home Gyms

You can usually find a new Olympic barbell & weight set for about $200

Steve
    This just might be the exact thing for me, because at 48-years-old I can't afford injuries, plus with not having a great deal of room this looks like it would be absolutely perfect for me. Plus I think I could convince my 21-year-old son to use it once a week to to get him off the computer for a short HIT session. By default he's already eating primal most of the time with, because he eats what I put on the table. For something of this type and quality I'd be willing to spend $900.

MightyAl is offline Senior Member
    I started BBS and got a planet fitness membership. At $10 a month and no contract it is hard to beat.
    Check out my primal blog: http://primalroar.posterous.com/

DeeDub is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by szorn View Post
    You can usually find a new Olympic barbell & weight set for about $200
    For any Canadians in the audience thinking about this, you find them at Fitness Depots, 300 lb set for $248. Crappy Tire has a set as well, $299 regular price but they often go on sale for $50-$100 less.

GR8ADVENTURE is offline Junior Member
    MightyAl: The problem for me with a Gym Membership is in order to get my HIT workout done in less than 1.5 hours I'd have to go to the gym at midnight to get away from the crowds.

Tom Wilson

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    We do BBS with a Powertec too. I think it is amazing. SUPER heavy duty and even though it is expensive, I feel like the quality is still way above the price.

What we really like about it though is that you can truly go to complete exhaustion without any danger to yourself, or needing a spotter. I have collapsed several times under the squat and bench press. Awesome workout.

gymcompany is offline Junior Member
    You can also visit gymcompanyusa.com. They have exercise equipment that you want and these are available at reasonable rates..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12