Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RangerMom's Journal page 2

mjp
    mjp is offline Member
    Keep up the great work. A schedule like that with the kettlebells will help your progress in many ways. Its surprising to me that so few people use them. They are so versatile, helping with conditioning, stamina, balance, and can increase muscle mass all with one small piece of equipment. I still try to incorporate them in my weekly schedule, using them to get in quick and intense cardio sessions.

RangerMom is offline Junior Member
    Wednesday check in. Haven't missed a workout yet, and am noticing some strength gains. Did a lot of walking this past weekend. I plan to take pictures and measurements every month, for my own purposes, and hopefully encouragement. Stomach seems a little flatter, and something going on with upper body - perhaps a mobilization of the fat cells. Had some cheats this week in the way of granola in my plain yogurt, but eating going well for the most part. Last night's dinner was pork fajitas ( onions and peppers) served over lettuce. Lunch was leftover pork roast with collard greens. Eating lots of greens lately. Breakfast was eggs, sausage and greens scrambled.
    Tomorrow our household is hosting the high school swim team for their annual pasta dinner. it's a potluck, with the kids bringing the pasta. Must plan ahead. I will broil some chicken tenders and make an additional salad, so hubby and I have something safe to eat. Then it's a busy weekend of swimming, dad's birthday, etc.
    Main goal for the upcoming week is to get out and sprint. I live on a rural road that is frequently icy and early mornings involve dodging speedings vehicles, but it can be done. Also need to get to bed earlier. The 2yo hasn't wanted to go to bed lately.

RangerMom is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Today, I weighed 176, so the weight is not melting off -- HOWEVER my strength gains are amazing. I am starting week 5 of the Lorna Kleidman Silver program. Haven't missed a day yet - I am so excited about these kettlebells. The vertical split in my abdominal muscles after 5 babies has finally closed. Previously, it was 2 fingers wide and no amount of crunches seemed to touch it.

Today's food -
    B - 2 eggs scrambled with a bell pepper
    L- on the run - had a couple pieces of turkey and a handful of carrots
    S - beef stew in the crock pot ( recipe from Paleo Comfort Foods), topped with swiss chard, homemade applesauce topped with sliced almonds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12