Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Infrequent Bowel Movements page

rpjnight is offline Junior Member

Infrequent Bowel Movements

I began attempting the primal lifestyle at the beginning of January challenging myself to 30 days of the primal lifestyle. I have really enjoyed the feeling and have lost 10 pounds already. I feel so much better and the food has been much better than I thought with very few cravings.

I have been eating Chicken, beef, tuna, an assortment of veggies, strawberries, blueberries, apples, bananas, nuts, coconut milk, and I have occasionally had some dairy (a little cheese and plain Greek yogurt).

I have noticed that I rarely have bowel movements. Maybe once every 4 days. Previously I was fairly regular (everyday). Are there any problems with this. Have any of you noticed the same thing? Is there anything that I can do to have them more frequently.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    I've noticed the same thing myself, I've been doing a it about two weeks longer than you, and mine have gone roughly the same to roughly the same, and my diets mostly the same as yours, apart from cheese, as I can't stand the bloody stuff, no bananas, and apples in liquid form only (where I'm from is a bit of a hotbed for cider, and I'm using that as my 20%)!!

I'm guessing that bowel movements are the bodies way of getting rid of crap it can't or doesn't need to digest, I've cut out a lot of crap from my diet since starting, so I'd imagine the need to go is not so necessary, there's probably someone who can explain this in a far more erudite fashion than a I.

I'm going to stick with it though and let my body tell me if it's happy or not, at the moment I can't hear any complaints, and I can't believe I was deaf for so long!

Cheers

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    It's due to less waste from grains, mostly. If you'd like them to be more regular, eat more veggies- it'll provide the bulk.

People on all-meat diets will often go 7-10 days between movements.

rpjnight is offline Junior Member
    Great thanks for both of your answers. I was thinking that I had less waste which makes complete sense. I have been eating a little more meat than veggies so that makes sense too. I will throw in some more veggies, but if there isn't a big problem with not having them often then I am happy. I don't personally feel the need to do it everyday, just wanted to make sure there was nothing wrong with me I am so happy I found this blog as it seems truly life changing even though I have only been in it for a few weeks.

dado Guest
    Cigarettes, coffee, magnesium, coconut oil.

Report back.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    The frequency really isn't that big of a deal, it's the consistency. Fiber "bulks things up", but that may not be what you want. Picture a log jam through a canyon, then ramming an even bigger log down the river to dislodge it. Sure, it'll send those logs down the river, but you're going to tear the crap out of the sides of the canyon. Not pretty.

If your poo is hard or doesn't come out easily, try a little magnesium (amounts will vary) or coconut oil straight up, or even a couple cups of coffee.

Fiber is not your friend.

Gutsense.org
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    The frequency really isn't that big of a deal, it's the consistency. Fiber "bulks things up", but that may not be what you want. Picture a log jam through a canyon, then ramming an even bigger log downt he river to dislodge it. Not pretty.

If your poo is hard or doesn't come out easily, try a little magnesium (amounts will vary) or coconut oil straight up, or even a couple cups of coffee.

Fiber is not your friend.

Gutsense.org
    and smoke cigarettes. where is this?

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    and smoke cigarettes. where is this?
    I guess the cigs would make you cough pretty hard, and that might push the poop out. But then you'd have smoker's breath and a nasty lung problem.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    cigarettes, coffee, magnesium, coconut oil.

Report back.
    you eat cigarettes??

dado Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
    you eat cigarettes??
    do you??

people tend to smoke them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast