Thread: Here's a game! So you're on a car trip...

Here's a game! So you're on a car trip...

Shop Now
    Let's play a game.

So you're on a long car ride. No time to stop and sit down to eat. You've got $10 in your pocket and you pull into a convenience store to get something to eat and/or drink. What do you get? Let's say for argument's sake it's midday (around noon or 1 p.m.) and you will not reach your until night (let's say 9 p.m.)

Ready... GO!

I could easily I.F. my way to 9p.m. =P

But, for argument's sake....I'd get a gallon of water ( 98c ), a can of tuna ( 3.99 ) and an apple ( 1.00 ).

Assuming I was really hungry, fresh fruit, if available. I'd also buy a packet of dry-roasted almonds or nuts, yeah, I know, oxidation and Omega-6, but I imagine raw nuts would not be available at the gas station. And I might buy some gum because I have a terrible gum addiction.

Pack of sugarless gum
    Gallon of water
    Apple, peach, whatever fruit
    a couple hard cooked eggs, if you get lucky enough to find a gas station with them, pickled eggs or a small pack of jerky if you can't get that lucky
    String cheese, if you can get that lucky.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

I would have generally packed for a trip like that beforehand.

If i did not, I would pull into a grocery store located along the highway and get 3 cans of sardines, a tomato or a cucumber, and spinach or aragula in a box. Unless smoked salmon is on sale, than I would get smoked fish and greens.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

It's like, hmm. Should I admit openly that I would buy a few plain all-beef CAFO dogs and ralph them down? Or should I pretend I'd avoid them? Yeah, I'd get a green apple, some nuts and a few hot dog meats. Not like I'm eating them every day.
    Steak, eggs, potatoes - fruits, nuts, berries and forage. Coconut milk and potent herbs and spices. Tea instead of coffee now and teeny amounts of kelp daily. Let's see how this does! Not really had dairy much, and gut seems better for it.

Roll the kid with the apple! Caveman UFC.

You get to keep your $10 and you score an apple.
    Eat Clean | Train Mean | Live Lean

Big Ed, Snickers, a Slim Jim and a 32oz Dr Pepper and consider my it my 20%.

otzi Guest
    water, sardines, cheese, nuts, fresh fruit, pre-made ham&cheese sandwhich (feed bread to birds in parking lot)

Shop Now
    LOL Knifegill :-)

This is giving me a stomachache just reading it! I would get pistachio nuts, water, coffee, and whatever fruit didn't look awful.
    28, female, 5'2"
    Went primal 7/28/10: 154 lbs.
    1/12/12: 135 lbs.
    Goal: 120 lbs.