Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sinusitis / Prostatitis - Food Allergies? page 2

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossman View Post
    No, they did various tests and it came up non-bacterial. I do believe it is inflammation - just got to figure out what is causing it. Cutting out gluten was my first big step, I'm going to keep at it for at least a couple more months (been 6 weeks) and then expand. Cutting out dairy now, next up is probably nightshades.
    As far as elimination diets, I find it easier/more effective to eliminate all suspect groups at once (nuts, eggs, nightshades, dairy, coffee) and see if you get a reduction in inflammation after a couple of weeks. Then add suspect foods back in one at a time to see what impact they have.

brownmiester is offline Junior Member
    If this was not me then i would hard to believe. Not only am i a doctor but i am a skeptic! Anyway i developed hand rashes and body hives intermittantly about 5 years ago. After about 1 year of suffering and everyone telling me i had eczema i started to realize that the foods i like the most or took the most of were causing this reaction! My triggers were coffee and milk protein and spicy food and etoh ! ( i think also cigarettes and percoset) any way back to the story).....well it became unbearable and i wanted to die as my whole body would flare up and i would have itching uncontrolably everywhere and my hands were so eaten up that i would stick pins in them to stop itching. I slowly learned that ice and antihistamines does wonders. Also avoiding the food triggers! Then in the last few years i tool antihistamine everyday and was able to start small amounts of coffee and butter and milk with minimal reaction. However over the last 6 months everytime i eat a trigger i get terrible gas bloating and diarrhea and also i developed prostatitis around the same time! It is a non bacterial prostatitis ! and i notice that the flares of the gi discomfort the rash and the prostatitis all occur together with the same triggers! only a few nights ago i tested my theory when i felt no symptoms i decided to eat a spicy soup! In 3 hours time i was farting all night and between my balls and rectum was hurring , exaclty where my prostate pain is located! I think this must all be related to a histamine release and in my mind they are definately related!

star is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by brownmiester View Post
    If this was not me then i would hard to believe. Not only am i a doctor but i am a skeptic! Anyway i developed hand rashes and body hives intermittantly about 5 years ago. After about 1 year of suffering and everyone telling me i had eczema i started to realize that the foods i like the most or took the most of were causing this reaction! My triggers were coffee and milk protein and spicy food and etoh ! ( i think also cigarettes and percoset) any way back to the story).....well it became unbearable and i wanted to die as my whole body would flare up and i would have itching uncontrolably everywhere and my hands were so eaten up that i would stick pins in them to stop itching. I slowly learned that ice and antihistamines does wonders. Also avoiding the food triggers! Then in the last few years i tool antihistamine everyday and was able to start small amounts of coffee and butter and milk with minimal reaction. However over the last 6 months everytime i eat a trigger i get terrible gas bloating and diarrhea and also i developed prostatitis around the same time! It is a non bacterial prostatitis ! and i notice that the flares of the gi discomfort the rash and the prostatitis all occur together with the same triggers! only a few nights ago i tested my theory when i felt no symptoms i decided to eat a spicy soup! In 3 hours time i was farting all night and between my balls and rectum was hurring , exaclty where my prostate pain is located! I think this must all be related to a histamine release and in my mind they are definately related!
    All this time you didn't consider consulting a doctor? they say cut down on dairy ..Lifestyle changes like stress reduction and improved sleep can reduce the likelihood of an eczema flare-up. Avoid irritants like rough fabrics, harsh soaps, and detergents. Cold weather can also dry out the skin and trigger flare-ups. instead of eating dairy foods try juicing fruits and veggies for detoxification as well.. juicing of fruits and veggies is a fad now and proves to have lots of benefits

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12