Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sinusitis / Prostatitis - Food Allergies? page 2

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossman View Post
    No, they did various tests and it came up non-bacterial. I do believe it is inflammation - just got to figure out what is causing it. Cutting out gluten was my first big step, I'm going to keep at it for at least a couple more months (been 6 weeks) and then expand. Cutting out dairy now, next up is probably nightshades.
    As far as elimination diets, I find it easier/more effective to eliminate all suspect groups at once (nuts, eggs, nightshades, dairy, coffee) and see if you get a reduction in inflammation after a couple of weeks. Then add suspect foods back in one at a time to see what impact they have.

brownmiester is offline Junior Member
    If this was not me then i would hard to believe. Not only am i a doctor but i am a skeptic! Anyway i developed hand rashes and body hives intermittantly about 5 years ago. After about 1 year of suffering and everyone telling me i had eczema i started to realize that the foods i like the most or took the most of were causing this reaction! My triggers were coffee and milk protein and spicy food and etoh ! ( i think also cigarettes and percoset) any way back to the story).....well it became unbearable and i wanted to die as my whole body would flare up and i would have itching uncontrolably everywhere and my hands were so eaten up that i would stick pins in them to stop itching. I slowly learned that ice and antihistamines does wonders. Also avoiding the food triggers! Then in the last few years i tool antihistamine everyday and was able to start small amounts of coffee and butter and milk with minimal reaction. However over the last 6 months everytime i eat a trigger i get terrible gas bloating and diarrhea and also i developed prostatitis around the same time! It is a non bacterial prostatitis ! and i notice that the flares of the gi discomfort the rash and the prostatitis all occur together with the same triggers! only a few nights ago i tested my theory when i felt no symptoms i decided to eat a spicy soup! In 3 hours time i was farting all night and between my balls and rectum was hurring , exaclty where my prostate pain is located! I think this must all be related to a histamine release and in my mind they are definately related!

star is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brownmiester View Post
    If this was not me then i would hard to believe. Not only am i a doctor but i am a skeptic! Anyway i developed hand rashes and body hives intermittantly about 5 years ago. After about 1 year of suffering and everyone telling me i had eczema i started to realize that the foods i like the most or took the most of were causing this reaction! My triggers were coffee and milk protein and spicy food and etoh ! ( i think also cigarettes and percoset) any way back to the story).....well it became unbearable and i wanted to die as my whole body would flare up and i would have itching uncontrolably everywhere and my hands were so eaten up that i would stick pins in them to stop itching. I slowly learned that ice and antihistamines does wonders. Also avoiding the food triggers! Then in the last few years i tool antihistamine everyday and was able to start small amounts of coffee and butter and milk with minimal reaction. However over the last 6 months everytime i eat a trigger i get terrible gas bloating and diarrhea and also i developed prostatitis around the same time! It is a non bacterial prostatitis ! and i notice that the flares of the gi discomfort the rash and the prostatitis all occur together with the same triggers! only a few nights ago i tested my theory when i felt no symptoms i decided to eat a spicy soup! In 3 hours time i was farting all night and between my balls and rectum was hurring , exaclty where my prostate pain is located! I think this must all be related to a histamine release and in my mind they are definately related!
    All this time you didn't consider consulting a doctor? they say cut down on dairy ..Lifestyle changes like stress reduction and improved sleep can reduce the likelihood of an eczema flare-up. Avoid irritants like rough fabrics, harsh soaps, and detergents. Cold weather can also dry out the skin and trigger flare-ups. instead of eating dairy foods try juicing fruits and veggies for detoxification as well.. juicing of fruits and veggies is a fad now and proves to have lots of benefits

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12