Thread: My standing desk solution page

chelsealosingit is offline Junior Member

My standing desk solution

Primal Fuel
    I know there have been some other posts on using standing desks at work, but I wanted to post my DIY version. I work in a cubicle, and my office doesn't offer an option to raise/lower/change the existing desk there. When I started standing at work (more than a year ago now) I used a bunch of cardboard boxes to raise my monitors and keyboard/mouse. I was quickly sick of how that looked, so I went to Home Depot one weekend and came back on Monday with this:

The total cost for the materials was about $60 (I already had the wood stain at home). I spent a total of maybe 2.5 hours on actually working on it, plus drying time for the stain. The result looks much better than my old box solution. Plus the shorter keyboard/mouse shelf fits underneath the taller monitor shelf, so I can increase my desktop space if needed.
    Chelsea can be found blogging about losing weight and going Primal (while trying not to go crazy) at ChelseaIsLosingIt.com. She is also on Twitter - @ChelseaLosingIt.

like.

crackedpot is offline Member
    Great idea - I may have to give it a go

jennf is offline Senior Member
    This looks very similar to what I want to put together for my office. Can you give more details please?

I've got one of those as well. :-)

I'm a writer and sometimes when I'm on a deadline (like now), I'm on my laptop for hours and hours at a time. A standing desk is a great solution. I alternate between it, my treadmill desk (pictured) and sitting on my arse. ;-)