Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Check out this "we will not decay" McDonalds meals!!! page

newlife77 is offline Member

Check out this "we will not decay" McDonalds meals!!!

Primal Fuel
    OMG, don't know if these have been posted on here before but if this isn't proof then I don't know what is.... these MONTHS OLD McDonald meals just don't decay, no bugs go near them, mould won't grown on them - even these micro-organisms know better than us "big-brained" humans???!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    An English girl who's been on lots of different diets, weight gone up and down but always been a naturalist at heart and have always wondered why "Conventional Wisdom" diets don't allow you to eat red meat and nuts - that are purely natural things?! So feel I've found my niche in the PB/Paleo Lifestyle and really want to make this my way of life for good!!!

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Notice the veg is gone. Take already pretty water-free foods, saturate them with oil and salt, and they won't decay. I could make a paleo version of this experiment.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    Notice the veg is gone. Take already pretty water-free foods, saturate them with oil and salt, and they won't decay. I could make a paleo version of this experiment.
    Exactly. This could be beef jerky or lard or dried bananas or plenty other stuff.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    I can believe that.
    It's not just McDs though. 6months or so after i first found paleo, i was doing a spring clean of my kitchen.
    When I opened the bread bin, for the first time since going paleo, I found half a packet of English muffins. At the time my SO was still eating bread occasionally (though we'd stopped buying it in the weekly shop) so i assumed he'd bought them recently and left them there.
    Skip forwards another 6 months and I decided we should use the bread bin for something else, like storing mail, keys etc. When I opened it the muffins where still there, still perfect, soft and fluffy, with no sign of mould growing and not even that slight yeasty smell that bread gives off just before it's no good anymore. It was unbelievable, the best before date on the packet was almost a year past!

It was at this point my SO decided to stop eating bread products

It was hilarious and
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

kkratz57 is offline Senior Member
    Here's another lovely McDonald's "FOOD" pic...can you guess what this is?

Satch12879 is offline Member
    Debunked (or really explained):

The Myth of the 12 Year-old Hamburger

Revisiting the Myth of the 12 Year-old Hamburger

Bottom line, you can get the same results under the same conditions with food you made yourself at home.
    Read. The. Book.

prodistat is offline Senior Member
    Woo! Mechanically separated chicken!!! *barf*
    Prodistat
    Poke it quickly, with a stick.

kkratz57 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by prodistat View Post
    Woo! Mechanically separated chicken!!! *barf*
    Ding, ding, ding we have a winner!

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I have a dog who will eat anything- cat poo, dog poo, horse poo, veggies, meat, bones, plastic, shoes, foam, dead animals, spicy items, grain, grass. You name it, jubs eats it.

We stopped at Taco Bell on the road and they inadvertantly put beef in my SO's burrito. No problem, we let it sit and when to feed it to the dog. The dog would not eat this burrito full of cheese, beef, potatos and tortilla. Dog eats cheese, beef, potato and tortilla. But refused the taco bell. He kind of sniffed it and would not touch it. The only thing he ever did not eat was that burrito.

newlife77 is offline Member
    Interesting stuff!! I get the idea of salt and oil being preservatives to any type of food.... but it's still pretty horrible to think that what should be nothing more than beef, potato and bread is pumped with enough chemicals etc to preserve it for so long!!

H x
    An English girl who's been on lots of different diets, weight gone up and down but always been a naturalist at heart and have always wondered why "Conventional Wisdom" diets don't allow you to eat red meat and nuts - that are purely natural things?! So feel I've found my niche in the PB/Paleo Lifestyle and really want to make this my way of life for good!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast