View Poll Results: Which of the following would you be interested in buying from a local farm?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pastured Chicken Eggs

13 86.67%
  • Pastured Duck Eggs

10 66.67%
  • Pastured Broiler Chickens

11 73.33%
  • Pastured Fryer Rabbits

9 60.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: New Auburn Washington Pastured Livestock Farm opening page

llewin is offline Member

New Auburn Washington Pastured Livestock Farm opening

Primal Fuel
    Hey there everybody. My wife and I are in the process of starting up a small pastured livestock farm in Auburn, partnering with Seattle Tilth at Red Barn Ranch.

We are currently in the planning stages and will probably be getting livestock out on the pasture around March.

We are starting out small, with some combination of the following:

Chicken eggs
    Duck eggs
    Pastured broiler chickens
    Pastured fryer rabbits

I would like to know if anyone on the list is interested in purchasing from us either as part of a CSA or by contracting for a specific amount of product per month.

It is possible, based on licensing through the state in these first stages of business development, that you would need to be coming out to the farm to pick up your goods but we are also looking at developing drop-off locations or utilizing local area farmer's markets.

Please let me know if you have a serious interest!

Thanks!

Joel and Loralei Hallet

Ingvildr is offline Senior Member
    It's a bit far for me to shop with you being as I live near the Canadian border. I haven't had rabbit in an age. It's gotten very hard to find. We had ducks(pekins) as a kid and I don't think I ever had a chicken egg until I was around seven.

MikeFlyMike is offline Junior Member
    I live in sammamish. Please add me to your mailing list or whatever. I already have a good egg source but will be interested in knowing what you end up doing. Trying to support locals ya know.

FamilyLivingSimple is offline Junior Member
    I have been MIA from this forum for awhile, even forgot my log in info. =) But I am totally interested in your eggs etc. I live in Auburn and have been struggling with finding eggs. I have found a few suppliers but would like one that I can rely on more. Please contact me if you are selling eggs. familylivingsimple@gmail.com
    Thanks

JBailey is offline Senior Member
    Good luck!
    My partner & I have a small farm to the far north of you and know how hard it is to plan ahead. CSA's are usually a great option for both buyer and farmer though.
    Seven Trees Farm - diversified subsistence farming on 1.25 acres.

elyx is offline Junior Member
    Hello llewin!

I know this is an older thread, but at the same time it's only been a few seasons since you posted Im very interested if your still involved in the project. email me @ temjiu@gmail.com. just about everything you've listed above im interested in and I live in Auburn (down in the valley, closer to town center), So due to my location getting out to site shouldn't be an issue. just let me know how the project is going!

Also if there are any local farmers markets you are usually at I can see you there as well.
    Last edited by elyx; 01-04-2013 at 10:20 AM.

fstzmz996 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Its good to hear that you open a farm. I would defiantly buy the duck egg.