Thread: Born Again Paleo page

whitebear is offline Senior Member

Born Again Paleo

Shop Now
    Hello. My name is Jimmy and I would like to introduce myself. I am 37 years old and I currently reside in Grand Blanc Michigan. This is my second go around with primal/paleo. On my first venture I managed to lose over 70lbs and get in the best shape of my life in a matter of a few months. Somehow I slipped back into my old habits and gained it all back. Recently due to the birth of my first child(Levi James,dob 8/9/11) I have really been thinking about my health and the kind of dad I want to be. I want to set a good example and I want to be around to watch him become a young man at least. Anyways I'm back to primal for good this time, not just for me but for my son and my family as well. As of right now I have been primal/paleo for 14 days and things are going great. I am 5'8" and my starting weight was 313lbs and as of this morning I am down to 297lbs. My goal weight is somewhere between 200-220. I know that seems heavy for my height but I have an unusual body type. I am very stout and have been my entire life. I have always carried a lot of muscle mass and been naturally strong. Another goal that I have made for myself is once I am healed and become fit I want to pursue a career in fitness and nutrition with a focus on primal/paleo of coarse and possibly open a paleo restaurant. I want to add that I love this site. It has been an inspiration to me as well as a fountain of information and I look forward to getting to know some of the primal community.

GROK ON!!!

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    I hear you about the mental shift that a child causes. I am 53. I have a 3 year old. My goal in life is to celebrate her 30th birthday with her on top of a mountain. I will be 80 then. It is a simple life goal, but one that requires lot of lifestyle strategies to reach. Enjoy a life of health with your growing kid.