Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why do raw foodists loose weight? page 4

raney is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Subcutaneous. Subcutaneous is the fat between your skin and your muscle that you can grab. Visceral fat is between your organs and under your bones/muscles. You can't grab that. That's the stuff that's dangerous to have in significant quantity You can have a full-on 8 pack and still have visceral fat.
    Ah-hah. It's in my visceral area! Thanks.

thaijinx is offline Senior Member
    Pale, skinny, loosing their teeth, and suffering from jaw problems.... is the average raw vegan foodist around here. Flakey - seeking answers, and plagued by unstable emotions and spiritual crises.

Obviously, I can't pain ALL raw foodists with the same brush, but when living next to a RAW FOOD 'detox' SPA you are able to glean a general picture, and it ain't pretty! None of them exercise, and all have some kind of moral superiority, a kind of holier than thou attitude, when you say that you're happy to hunt, eat, wear animals...

I can honestly say that I have yet to see a really healthy looking, and well-rounded long-term RAW vegan.
    Last edited by thaijinx; 01-20-2012 at 07:38 AM.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Primal Parent is a raw foodist, difference here is she's eating animals, fatty animals, fat is important to absorb nutrients (so that you can uh... NOURISH YOUR BODY) so she's healthy and raw, whoddathunkit.

The Carnivore’s Dilemma – A Diet of Just Meats and Fats? | The Primal Parent

See also: Stefansson 1 - Eskimos Prove An All Meat Diet Provides Excellent Health.

Much, much longer but super interesting read, case in point: Eskimos ate mostly raw fish, as did Stefansson when he lived with them. No vegetables at all, just raw, obviously wild-caught fish. Sometimes they did boil the fish, but often ate it cold, raw, and sometimes, rotten.

banananutmuffin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Much, much longer but super interesting read, case in point: Eskimos ate mostly raw fish, as did Stefansson when he lived with them.
    Mmmmmm.... that put me in the mood for sashimi.
    Female, 40 yrs old, 5', 120 lbs (post-pregnancy)
    Went Primal January 2, 2012!

Paleo Cooking for Cavekids cookbook

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Primal Parent is a raw foodist, difference here is she's eating animals, fatty animals, fat is important to absorb nutrients (so that you can uh... NOURISH YOUR BODY) so she's healthy and raw, whoddathunkit.

The Carnivore’s Dilemma – A Diet of Just Meats and Fats? | The Primal Parent

See also: Stefansson 1 - Eskimos Prove An All Meat Diet Provides Excellent Health.

Much, much longer but super interesting read, case in point: Eskimos ate mostly raw fish, as did Stefansson when he lived with them. No vegetables at all, just raw, obviously wild-caught fish. Sometimes they did boil the fish, but often ate it cold, raw, and sometimes, rotten.
    Sure... Weston A. Price found that healthy traditional groups ate some portion of their diet raw (including meat). The problem now is that most raw foodists are usually vegan, too.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by healthy11 View Post
    Sure... Weston A. Price found that healthy traditional groups ate some portion of their diet raw (including meat). The problem now is that most raw foodists are usually vegan, too.
    Granted, but that doesn't mean we should always equate raw with vegan, or we should educate (not that I really give enough of a damn to) those that ask about it, with the erroneous preassumption that you can only be raw IF you are a vegan.

Every time I go out for sashimi I'm technically a raw foodist for that blip of time, but I largely prefer cooked foods, mostly because cold food is not all that appealing to me. I also don't believe in miraculous enzymes in raw food, but I don't nuke my food to death (especially not my red meats) either. I munch on raw chicken liver, shit tastes awesome, and my family is always making ceviche which is raw fish marinated in lime juice (which does change its composition, and appears to 'cook' the fish somewhat) so whatever.

BALANCE, people. It's so annoying to see people want to be so extreme just to lose a few pounds, hit the weights, run uphill once in a while and don't eat processed foods. It's that simple.

Actually, eat processed every now and then if you feel like it, being constantly stressed out and 'aware' of what you're eating is likely to keep pounds on you by virtue of high cortisol (stress hormone) levels alone.

Go to Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health and look at all his success stories, the common theme: "I eat whatever the fuck I want and I look and feel awesome. I love that I can have (cheeseburgers/desserts/etc) and still be healthy through fasting and proper exercise." Mind you most of those guys ARE eating real food, but they are NOT sweating the instances where they "deviate" and eat "shitty" and neither should you. If attempting to be perfect stresses you out, guess what, YOU ARE NOT HEALTHY. Even if you're eating squeaky clean, health is not just what you choose to eat, but an overall state of mind.

Sorry to go on an even longer tangent but lately, I don't preoccupy myself with food so much. I eat mostly primal foods, but I don't think about them as much as I used to. I don't "get off" on how healthy my food is, I just know it's real natural food and I eat it with great joy. Almost weekly though, I eat something that is still mostly real food but is NOT "primal" (my gf works at a bar, I'm there every Sunday, drinking gin, eating awesome hot wings and most likely having a burger, sometimes without bun, and some sweet potato fries) I know I'm not going to die. I know it's not affecting my gut that much. I know I COULD go without and possibly be a little healthier, but I just don't care to be SO healthy. I am in better shape than most males my age, I don't have any digestive issues or food obsessions. I'm just a regular dude, trying to watch a football game and I just don't feel like ground beef over salad, so shut up.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234