Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do raw foodists loose weight? page 3

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by legbiter View Post
    when i direct my auschwitz masterpiece i'll cast raw foodists as the inmates.
    rofl

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phixx View Post
    Seems like we all agree the carbohydrates is the reason we gain weight, get fat, etc.
    Nope. It's more complex than that.

Raw foodists eat enormous amounts of fruit (think 15-20 bananas a day), but most of them still loose weight. Why is that?
    They are dying slowly as they eat themselves.

As far as I know, most fruit contains lots of carbohydrates, so shouldn't raw foodists gain weight instead of loosing it?

Thanks,
    Mads
    Some do, some don't. Genetics play a role. So does cheating, supplements(ranging from protein powder to test or hgh), underlying health, exercise, quality of diet, etc.

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phixx View Post
    Seems like we all agree the carbohydrates is the reason we gain weight, get fat, etc.
    Why would carbohydrate make anyone fat?
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    You mean why do they lose muscle?

souldanzer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post

Losing weight =/= getting healthy.
    Thank you. How refreshing in this insane world.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Legbiter View Post
    When I direct my Auschwitz masterpiece I'll cast raw foodists as the inmates.
    lol does that count as Godwin's Law?..
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    When I was raw vegan for 6 months, I lost weight because I was often only eating about 1300-1500 calories a day. I also lost a lot of muscle despite all my hemp protein smoothies. I was skinnyfat.
    I knew a lot of raw vegans who were overweight despite their diet. Victoria Boutenko is a good example of a long term raw foodist who is still overweight (I suspect she has hypothyroidism). I knew some that gained weight on the high fruit/low fat diet. I know a lot who developed fatty acid deficiencies and started having mood disorders and mental issues. Glad I jumped that ship before I did too much damage!

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    I love the primal lifestyle but IMHO the biggest change comes from eliminating processed foods, which include most grains but esp wheat.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

raney is offline Senior Member
    I'll chime in one more vote towards becoming skinny-fat on raw vegan. I did it devotedly (75%+ compliance) for about 9 months, and at 50% compliance for a little over a year. At one point I was 6'6" 164 lbs, yet my body fat was still high enough that only my top two abs were showing upon flex.

After a year on paleo, I'm currently I'm 6'6" 196lb with a four pack, working on the last little bit of lower subcutaneous fat.

In comparison of my energy levels, healing times, leaky gut related symptoms, allergies, etc: I feel like a new person. I can't believe that I went that long thinking that raw felt good; I suppose it was the first time in my life I had really made a point to cut out grains over a long term, so I did feel better relatively, it just wasn't sustainable. I whithered away pretty quickly.
    Last edited by raney; 01-18-2012 at 10:07 PM. Reason: per Choco: subcutaneous fat!

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raney View Post
    ower visceral fat.
    Subcutaneous. Subcutaneous is the fat between your skin and your muscle that you can grab. Visceral fat is between your organs and under your bones/muscles. You can't grab that. That's the stuff that's dangerous to have in significant quantity You can have a full-on 8 pack and still have visceral fat.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast