Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm a Tall 52 Year Old Woman Trying Primal for a Month page 2

califwoods is offline Junior Member

Primal Day 3

Primal Fuel
    OK so I told you I'm 184 pounds. I measured today. Bust 40, Waist 31, Hips 41.5. WHAT???? The only good news about that is that my waist goes in from the larger two measurements so maybe I'm proportional. But way too large all the way around. I look forward to reporting smaller numbers in 30 days.

For breakfast I hit Starbucks for a coffee with cream and a Protein Bistro box. Ditched the muesli bread and honey peanut butter and kept the apples, grapes and little cheese wedges.

For lunch I'm having a Caribbean salad from Chili's. It has greens, red peppers, mandarin oranges, onions and grilled chicken. It also has a mustard honey dressing which probably isn't primal. (????)

Still no exercise yet this week but I may get some dancing in tonight and I'm going for a bike ride tomorrow morning.

Anne

Finished up the day with almonds for an afternoon snack, then lamb, turnips, green beans, red cabbage salad, eggplant and tabouli at a greek restaurant. Had a carrot coconut salad with some honey in it for dessert. Everything was so fresh and delicious. I did have a small cup of lemon chicken soup that had some rice in it. But I passed on the pita bread, potatoes, side dish rice and the sweet looking pudding type desserts. Glad to have found this greek restaurant.

Day 4 Primal eating for me:

Cottage cheese and fruit
    Coffee with half and half
    Fresh blueberries, blackberries and raspberries with a drizzle of honey

3 hard boiled eggs made into egg salad with mayo
    A little oven roasted turkey
    Cheese
    Olives

Ground sirloin patty pan fried
    cooked carrots and zucchini in butter
    glass of red wine

Going out to a house party tonight with some wine in tow... will only have a glass or so because I'm getting up at 7:00 am to ride bikes with my friend like I did today.

Tried on jeans today... ooooooohhhhh! Frustrating to see the lumps and cheese trying to squeeze into those things. I know it will get better soon.

Today I got up early and rode my bike again. Before the ride I had some cottage cheese with plain yogurt, fruit and a tiny bit of honey. After the ride I had brunch with my friend... had an omelette filled with chorizo and veggies and salsa on top... sour cream on the side. Substituted a small cup of fresh fruit for the bread and potatoes they normally bring. Skipped the orange juice and had coffee.

For this afternoon it's a protein smoothie and I'm experimenting with making some primal nut bars with almond paste and molasses.

Feels good to get some outdoors activity in.

Sunday night is family dinner night and my son asked to go to the Pho restaurant. I chose a beef stew and ignored the rice noodles at the bottom of it. Also had a pork spring roll that has that unfired skin-like wrap around it. It was loaded with fresh vegetables. Had a green apple smoothie which they said they make from fresh apples, adding a little condensed milk along with the water and ice. Hope I'm getting this right with the choices I'm making. Haven't been hungry at all which is kind of cool and kind of worrisome too. Seems like every time I go on a weight reduction quest I feel hungry.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    The thing I'm seeing is that you might have enough sugar (from fruit, condensed milk, etc) in there to make your blood sugar levels go up and down and up and down.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Twibble... I stepped on the scale today and was unhappy to see that in 5 days my weight went UP nearly 2 pounds. So I guess you're right. Sugar is getting into my diet even though I'm buying organic ingredients and eating far more meat, eggs, vegetables and have completely eliminated grains. Right now I'm eating some primal nut bars I made and the recipe included chocolate chips. They taste great but now I'm wondering is that forbidden sugar coming in again?

Primal Eating for Day 6

Still kind of in shock that my weight went up nearly 2 pounds in the first 5 days of this eating plan. I need to dial this in. Anyway, here's what I ate today.

Breakfast:
    Coffee with cream
    Banana
    A few fresh raspberries

Lunch:
    Hamburger patty with cheese, mayo, mustard and ketchup
    Green salad with yellow pepper, avocado and italian dressing
    Diet Coke

Snack:
    Primal nut bar

Dinner:
    Baked chicken breast with butter and paprika
    Cooked carrots with butter
    Glass of red wine

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by califwoods View Post
    Still kind of in shock that my weight went up nearly 2 pounds in the first 5 days of this eating plan. I need to dial this in. Anyway, here's what I ate today.

Breakfast:
    Coffee with cream
    Banana
    A few fresh raspberries

Lunch:
    Hamburger patty with cheese, mayo, mustard and ketchup
    Green salad with yellow pepper, avocado and italian dressing
    Diet Coke

Snack:
    Primal nut bar

Dinner:
    Baked chicken breast with butter and paprika
    Cooked carrots with butter
    Glass of red wine
    I bolded the places I'd look for sugar in your food. It seems that most of your vegetation is the type that is high in sugar. Fruit & starchy veggies normally have quite a bit.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Today's Primal Eating

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey Twibble... thanks for highlighting all that sugar. I just saw it as I was finishing dinner so I will log my day of food and highlight for myself what sugar I consumed. Grains aren't an issue so far for me.

Breakfast:
    Coffee and cream
    About 6 fresh raspberries
    Hard boiled egg
    Small piece of cheese

Lunch:
    (ignored the pizza served at my working lunch meeting)
    Green salad with lime juice
    Raw carrots, celery dipped in ranch dressing. Jalapeņo jack cheese cubes.
    Kale chips (tried them as they had no grain in them... kind of funky)

Dinner:
    Glass of red wine
    Ceviche
    1/2 avocado

Did I highlight the sugar sources? I think I did pretty well today because from what I've read berries are good and red wine is okay too in moderation.

Anne

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast