Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [help] starving after going primal! page

axxo is offline Junior Member

[help] starving after going primal!

Shop Now
    I recently tried unsuccessfully since last year's November going primal on and off. Everytime, I am on primal diet, I get hungry easily (or is that because of the sugar cravings?).

My morning diet consists of two eggs. I try to have them organic if my budget allows, but sometimes I take in non-organic eggs as well. I have it hard boiled. I don't like to eat raw eggs (salmonella fear).

And I will be having salad for lunch (grilled chicken, eggs, lettuce, and mixed green veggies). I buy it from a salap shop near my office, which I believe don't sell organic salad.

As for dinner, where I will be cooking grain-fed beef (250 gram) with extra virgin olive oil. The beef is lean and minced by the supermarket. I try to buy grass-fed beef from time to time, but the cost is expensive since the country I am living in import their groceries from abroad.

In between; breakfast, lunch and dinner, I don't eat anything. And I feel hungry most of the time. Sometimes, I relent and go back and eat plain white rice to ease the hunger.

When I go full on no-grain for almost a month, I can see that my abs are showing its definition. But this diet is not something I can sustain for long term.

I know from the blog that Mark says that fat is the perfect fuel of human body, but I can't imagine myself eating animal fats because I don't like them. And can avocado be an alternative to animal fats?

Why Fat, Not Carbs, Are the Preferred Fuel for the Human Body | Mark's Daily Apple

Cheers! And thanks in advance.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Hi, if you're hungry eat more

Without knowing your height, weight, activity levels, sex etc. we can't give precise advice, but I don't see 2 eggs filling many people to be honest.
    You shouldn't be hungry all day if you're eating enough.

If you're coming from a diet high in processed carbs, you may well feel "hungry" for a while as you adjust and learn to listen to your body.
    Avocado and olive oil are both good fats, as are coconut oil, butter, ghee and heavy cream.

Please get hold of a copy of mark's book, or at the least click on the 'start here' button at the top of the forum.
    The answers to all of your questions are there
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    listen to misabi, eat when you're hungry and read the primal 101 and information links
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Bron is offline Senior Member
    i'm 5ft, 48 kilos and i eat more than that! i have 4 eggs and some ham or bacon or mushrooms for breakfast. this keeps me ok for 5 hours.

I am male, 5'11", 177 lbs. I do office job 9 to 5 - mostly sitting in front of computer all day.

Edit: I don't do much on the weekends except going to clubs and party all night. I have Mark's book, and I will review it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Hi, if you're hungry eat more

Without knowing your height, weight, activity levels, sex etc. we can't give precise advice, but I don't see 2 eggs filling many people to be honest.
    You shouldn't be hungry all day if you're eating enough.

If you're coming from a diet high in processed carbs, you may well feel "hungry" for a while as you adjust and learn to listen to your body.
    Avocado and olive oil are both good fats, as are coconut oil, butter, ghee and heavy cream.

Please get hold of a copy of mark's book, or at the least click on the 'start here' button at the top of the forum.
    The answers to all of your questions are there

I'm 5ft 9, 160 ish and there's no way 2 eggs would be enough for breakfast. In fact, eating just a little would probably make me hungrier all morning.
    I also have a desk job, but walk about 30 or so mins a day and do a short workout a coupla tomes a weeek.

Either I don't have breakfast if I'm not hungry enough, or I'll have something like 4 to six eggs and maybe some veggies depending how hungry I am.
    If i have a big brekkie it can often see me through until mid afternoon/early evening, smaller brekkie and i may eat at lunchtime.
    Try having a bigger brekkie and see how it goes. Maybe add another egg or 3, or an avocado and some veggies.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    you're a 5 foot 11 male and that's all you eat? dear god, i thought you were a 4 foot nothing lady from that menu

eeeeeaaaaatttttttttt somethiiiiiinggggg
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Yeah, the food here is outrageously expensive. I spend like 20 bucks per day just for food.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    you're a 5 foot 11 male and that's all you eat? dear god, i thought you were a 4 foot nothing lady from that menu

eeeeeaaaaatttttttttt somethiiiiiinggggg

Quote Originally Posted by axxo View Post
    Yeah, the food here is outrageously expensive. I spend like 20 bucks per day just for food.
    where abouts are you?
    Do the locals eat all the expensive imported stuff, or just the expats?
    I'd suggest switching from the expensive prime lean mince to cheaper cuts of meat. Better for the wallet and generally tastes better too.
    Just need to cook it low and slow to make it lovely and tender, so great in stews, curries, soups, pot roasts etc.
    Last edited by Misabi; 01-18-2012 at 02:19 AM. Reason: corrected bloody pre

Singapore. Actually this country imports almost everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    where shouts are you?
    Do the locals eat all the expensive imported stuff, or just the expats?
    I'd suggest switching from the expensive prime lean mince to cheaper cuts of meat. Better for the wallet and generally tastes better too.
    Just need to cook it low and slow to make it lovely and tender, so great in stews, curries, soups, pot roasts etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast