Thread: We should make a master list! page

Tealia is offline Senior Member

Cool We should make a master list!

Shop Now
    A list of almost all whole-foods, rated for two categories; health and weight loss.

As Mark has stated, all food exists on a spectrum of suitability.

Nuts are great for good health and nutrition, but sometimes impede weight loss.
    Berries generally have higher levels of antioxidants, and lower GI ratings, than other fruit. Win-win.

Of course, I think I can only dream, since it would be a considerable undertaking, having to analysis which produce has the most valuable nutrition, etc.

It would be cool though, since I've seen members asking 'which is better' in threads all the time!

There aren't many problems in life that can't be solved by sleeping it off, or adding more butter.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    problem is people rarely search, so even if you put all this info in one thread it's not going to stop the new threads asking the same questions.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member
    honestly i think we could do this and have it stickied ..

agreed that nuts hurt weight loss for me, also fruit seemed to as well, giving it up got me past platueas ..

using lard/meat grease over butter seems to make me lose weight faster without fail and has been proven to have benifits (per Staubes)
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

ASmallOne is offline Senior Member
    suggestion would be to include some measurement of quantity in there too. grass fed beef is good for health, but depending on how much you eat (and how frequently you eat) it could be used for weight loss or weight gain.
    then again, if the comparison is of grass fed v . grain fed, hands down grass fed is the winner in both the health and weight loss groups.
    Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
    Friend me on "The Facebook"
    Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

Buzz71 is offline Senior Member
    I think this is a great idea, especially if stickied! Gets my vote!
    Buzz71
    Come visit my blog about life, my journey and seizing the day: www.thecarpediem.net
    Read my Journal of Awesomeness!
    Follow me on Twitter: @Buzz_71 and @the_CarpeDiem
    My Primal slow movement challenge: 208.29km of 1000km completed in 2012!

mosin46 is offline Senior Member
    my vote +. was going to ask which fruit/fruit juice had highest orac score,lowest gly load values. hearing a lot lately of apple juice benefit.

dado Guest
    master list?

meat, eggs, weed, beer.

oranges.