Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any good crustless quiche recipes? page

back2basix is offline Member

Any good crustless quiche recipes?

Primal Fuel
    Looking for a good crustless quiche recipe. LOVE quiche but admittedly, really really loved a flaky crust on one. Any good ideas for one? TIA!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

JoPaleo is offline Senior Member
    Here's what I do:

10 eggs
    225g of extra lean ground beef (use ground turkey if you'd like)
    10oz of frozen spinach, wash and drained
    2 bell peppers (really, any veggies you want)
    Your favorite spices

1. Cook the ground beef till no longer pink.
    2. Saute all veggies (get most of the moisture out)
    3. Mix all ingredients in food processor and pour into a greased (with coconut oil) baking dish (it will fit in a small one) - try not to over process it.
    4. Preheat oven at 350 degrees celsius. I preheat mine at 365 because I live in high elevation.
    5. Place dish in oven and cook for about 1/2 hr and check. You may have to heat it longer or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

*same as the recipe that Diana posted above: This can also be made into muffins for single serving.

Any questions?

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Those above sound good, but more complicated than mine. I'm all for a lazy-cook, 4-minute prep. This one is for those not avoiding dairy:

Get a jug and throw in
     6 eggs
     1 cup total of something dairy/creamy, such as sour cream, cottage cheese, double cream, a mixture of any of these, whatever)
     Handful of strong cheddar, or a few tablespoons of parmesan/reggiano
     Seasoning to taste pinch of salt, bit of pepper, hit of dried garlic or onion or both

Grab a stick blender and shmoosh all that together. Pour into a 20 cm dish (you could throw some leftover ham/bacon/chicken or cooked veg in there first if you like). Shove in a 400F/205C oven for 25-30 minutes until golden and puffy don't overcook. Serve with a salad if you're the type to worry about not having anything green at dinner.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

larabelle is offline Junior Member

B2B
    B2B is offline Senior Member
    I just thow this together when I want something quiche-like and it seems to hit the spot. Variations always mix things up!

6 eggs
    4-5 slices of bacon (I like the thick stuff, so use more or less depending on your taste)
    1/4 cup diced onions
    2 large handfuls of spinach torn into cube-ish shapes
    Salt and pepper, to taste.* And if you are daring, a smidge of garlic powder.

1. Preheat your broiler to low
    2. Whisk up your eggs with some S & P, and temporally set aside.
    3. Dice up your bacon into small pieces and the add it along with the onions to a 10 inch oven-safe pan over medium-high heat.
    4. As the bacon begins to cook and just start turning crisp, add in the spinach to wilt. Stir it up.
    5. When bacon is crisp enough for you and the spinach has wilted, simply pour in the egg mixture, lower heat to medium and let cook for 4-5 minutes without stirring. The bottom will cook and the top will look giggly.
    6. Then place under broiler for another 4-5 minutes watching carefully.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    I'm making one today. A crustless quiche is a Fritatta btw.
    10 eggs
    Decent hunk of raw milk Brie diced
    handful of crimini, handful of shitake mushrooms
    salt and pepper
    Bake till barely done, top with grated parm, then stick under broiler for a couple of minutes. Serves 1-4 persons.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    edit: I may add sauteed onion.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

jturk is offline Senior Member
    My wife makes a crustless bacon and goat cheese quiche that is one of my favorite things on this planet - it's one of our staple foods to have around as it heats up really well.

Here's a link to her post on it.

bobbitt81 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    There's one in Paleo Comfort Foods too. I haven't made it, but they do awesome work, so I imagine it's delicious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast