Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BPA free coconut milk page

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

BPA free coconut milk

Shop Now
    Just emailed Wilderness Family Naturals concerning coconut milk and cream. They said their packaging does not contain BPA. Just thought you all would like to know. They sell 250mLx24 packs for ~$28. Pretty good price.

If I find any other resources, Ill post those too. Anyone else have any resources?

Aside from making it at home, BPA-less-ness is the next on the tier of stuff preferred (but not always attained) for canned goods.

Have a good day

BPA FREE
    Native Forest
    Wilderness Family Naturals
    Trader Joe's light

HAS BPA:
    A Taste of Thai
    Thai Kitchen
    Mae Ploy
    Chaokoh
    Last edited by Tara tootie; 01-24-2012 at 01:16 PM.
    Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    If anyone tries this brand, then please post a review.

Classic is offline Senior Member
    I just bought some from them for the first time and I like it quite a lot. It seems to be a little sweeter than most. They were having a big sale because their shipment had some freezing issue. I figured it really wouldn't effect the milk but my shipment did not seem to be any more or less separated (fat wise) than the Thai stuff I usually buy. Even if it was, you could just throw it in the blender to get the smooth consistency back.

The other thing I bought from Wilderness Family Naturals was mayo and it is great. Makes lovely egg salad. I don't always have time to make my own so this is great.

A Taste of Thai said they are in BPA safe containers, but not BPA free. So... no.
    Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

lexie is offline Senior Member
    I'll check my Weston A. Price shopping guide and see what brands (if any) they have listed, then cross-check to see if those are BPA free. If I recall off the top of my head, I think Native Forest is one?

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tara tootie View Post
    A Taste of Thai said they are in BPA safe containers, but not BPA free. So... no.
    Yeah, that's unfortunate because I like their coconut milk taste and consistency over almost all other brands. Hopefully they will get with it and stop using the BPA.

Ill keep adding to the OP so we can keep track.

jennf is offline Senior Member
    Just wanted to mention that I found Native Forest coconut milk at my local Stop and Shop for the first time recently. It's in the natural foods section and is only $1.99/can - way cheaper than I was paying at WF.

Dracil is offline Senior Member
    I believe Thai Kitchen also had BPA

Just ordered Native Forest over Amazon. Love it. It isnt as homogenized as Thai Kitchen but thats a good thing in my mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast