Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I see why Mark doesn't read the forums page

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member

I see why Mark doesn't read the forums

Primal Fuel
    Over the past 4-5 months, after reading Mark's book and making adjustments to my diet, it has occurred to me that people are crazy when it comes to applying theory to their own lives. They get so wrapped up in the details and end up totally missing the point. The constant threads of lipid tests, MUFA vs PUFA, is bacon good?, should I HIIT, should I run 19 miles a day, FRUIT? should I drink whole milk, protein powder, leptin, insuiln, grass fed on a budget, chicken or pork, "I ate a bagel today", coconut flour vs almond flour, OOOOOOhhmega 3!!!! They should seriously lock all threads since everything has been discussed and can be found via the search function. Jesus Christ. It's seriously taxing reading through this shit. Does anyone else see this or am I just nuts (omega-6)?

I guess I should just stop reading for awhile. Time to move on to something else during lunch
    Last edited by Fernaldo; 01-17-2012 at 12:47 PM.

Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member
    Nevermind searching the forums, people don't even read the articles he's listed in Primal Blueprint 101, which would answer all of these questions!

ELCO14 is offline Senior Member
    Wow- I wonder how high your cortisol shot up there, you should get that tested. Just playin!
    Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i see that too, but i've learned how to spot the threads that have been done over and over again. granted, most people should use the search function before posting about that weight loss stall they had after a week of primal eating, but i think it's important to remember that people are continually signing up for this, so there will always be new members with similar questions...and answering those questions can be a good thing. my responses and follow up responses from other people really help me clarify my vision on some of these matters. and it really helped to read and respond to posts--even those repeated ones--when i was first starting out. yeah, i'm sick of touting bacon and suggesting ways to deal with family and friends, but some great new topics come up every now and then, and they can be super interesting delving into a topic that mark can only touch upon on his posts.

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    or am I just nuts (omega-6)?
    Lol! I agree with your post though! It's easy to get too caught up in everything sometimes

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    you could have just stopped when you said "people are crazy"

Alaska Ang is offline Senior Member
    Lol. Its typical of any forum with long standing members and lots of newbies cycling through. Lots of folks are looking for quick answers and either dont want to or dont have time to research for themselves. I'm a soapmaker and cant remember how many times I've answered, "yes, you realy do have to use lye to make soap."

Zophie is offline Senior Member
    Once upon a time...

Mark did read the forums and answer questions.

I have had really good luck just emailing my questions. Sometimes it has taken as much as a week to get an answer but I have always gotten an answer.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    What... you think a thread where a person says they are going to "eat primal" by consuming ONLY eggs and warm water is a bit off?
    Yes, I read something to that effect recently. It gave me a sad.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ELCO14 View Post
    Wow- I wonder how high your cortisol shot up there, you should get that tested. Just playin!
    he should eat more bacon

*snicker

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast