Thread: I have NO afternoon energy!!! page

I have NO afternoon energy!!!

Primal Fuel
    I've been 98% Primal for about 6 weeks and I couldn't feel better in the morning, evening, and all day on the weekends. It's from about 12pm-3pm at work (desk job) that I just want to take a nap (and that might cause some hardship with my boss ). I eat meats, eggs, nuts, you name the primal food and I eat it. I exercise...I do almost everything right (I think). But lately I've had to depend on caffeinated drinks to make it through this lull, and I don't like that. I want to be more Primal. Do you have any suggestions/ideas why this happens or how I can fix it? Thanks.

ELCO14 is offline Senior Member
    Can you post a typical day, diet and exercise wise.

I know when I don't exercise (walk, cycle, ride, sprint, lift) for a few days my energy just sucks in the afternoon.
    Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    I second the "typical day".

Nuts are a terrible source of fat, protein and energy, so keep that in mind if you consume them daily. Eating a small handful every day would be eating them an order of magnitude more than Grok.

I bet it's nothing that a cup of coffee and a teaspoon of coconut oil can't fix.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

I usually have a 2 egg omelet for breakfast maybe a couple slices of bacon on the side. Lunch today was a grilled chicken breast, boiled okra, and an apple. Snack was plain almonds. Dinner during the week is something easy, like grilled chicken, salad, hamburger steak, roast, etc. I drink protein shakes for breakfast and after dinner. I work out twice a week with full body workouts and try to sprint every 10 days or so. I get an average of 8 hours a sleep a night. Fitday.com average last week was 1595 calories, 85g fat, 68g carbs, 172g protein. My only cheat is sweet tea on occasion, I'm from the south, I have to drink it...it's a rule.

DubleYoo is offline Senior Member
    Bad news, afternoon naps are natural and many parts of the world go quiet shortly after midday. Stores close, the streets become empty, and everyone is taking a nap. They tend to eat larger midday meals though, do yours tend to be large? If you eat more in the morning and evening with a smaller/no lunch you might be able to avoid it.

ELCO14 is offline Senior Member
    Do you put fruit in your shakes? I would try and cut the fruit- could be a sugar crash in the afternoon as I see your getting 68g of carbs and that sounds like it's mostly from fruit.

I agree with Chaco to limit the nuts and maybe do some coffee with a good fat mixed in.

Also I find getting away from my cubicle hell and taking a 15 minute walk does wonders for my energy.
    Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Thanks, I'll try cutting back on the apples and moving around more. I got worried that I was missing something, nutrition-wise. But yeah, you're right, almost all my carbs are fruits...usually sweet fruits. I appreciate the help. Grok on.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried masturbating in the afternoon?

If you can quickies with a friend always help me.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

saturnfan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Have you tried masturbating in the afternoon?

If you can quickies with a friend always help me.
    haha. I find the effect to be the opposite. A nice pleasure session makes me want to take a nap more.
    Started 9/5/11 at 212lb
    Last weigh in 12/10/11 at 188lb
    Goal: 160