Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Being in ketosis page 2

louden is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I think no matter what when you lose weight, you're losing at least some muscle. Maybe not the muscles that you see, but you'll never lose "just fat"...

I'm not a personal trainer, nor dietician, but I'm pretty sure that's the case. Can anyone confirm?

Tarlach is offline Member

Fat is the way your body stores fuel and it's designed to be accessed.

It takes a lot of effort to build muscle and your body uses muscle as fuel as a last resort.

If you starve yourself (caloric restriction) you will lose both.

If you get adequate calories but eat correctly to lose weight, it is possible to lose body fat and gain muscle at the same time.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

klcarbaugh Guest

I agree that it is possible to gain muscle and loose fat at the same time.

louden is offline Junior Member

Don't get me wrong - if you're working out and losing weight, I'm sure you'll look a lot better but I think you're still going to use muscle that you use to haul the extra weight around - simply because you won't use it.

That's why I think the general rule is that, even if you're working out, weight loss will still result in almost 20% muscle loss.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12