Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chef Michael Symon does crossfit and primal page

primalprincess7 is offline Senior Member

Chef Michael Symon does crossfit and primal

Primal Fuel
    A while back I posted a thread about how I thought michael symon , the iron chef from cleveland, was primal and he mentioned primal and how fats are good on his show the Chew. Well, I have him on my facebook too and this pretty much confirms it. Here are some of his posts:

i used a trainer for the first time today...to get ready for tough mudder..he about killed me...even with all the working out i do..i got a ways to go to be ready for tough mudder..havent been this gassed since st eds wrestling days!!

btw..ive done crossfit, p90x, insanity etc...it made today seem like childs play...i only made it 1/3rd of the way through the workout!! swinging those big ass ropes around is brutal

todays workout made crossfit, insanity etc seem like childs play..i was still seeing stars when i wrote the last post..lol

I just think it is cool that a famous chef from my area is into crossfit and promotes the primal way of life on national tv and shocks daphne Oz when he tells the audience to not be afraid of fat and meat! lol
    Last edited by primalprincess7; 01-16-2012 at 06:23 PM.
    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Where do you see that he is primal from that? I really like him a lot and love that he promotes eating offal and fat, but I don't recall ever hearing him say he doesn't eat grains. Did I miss something?

on the chew he mentioned like dont be afraid of fat and eat meat etc it was one of the first couple shows, maybe I can find a video or something. also his facebook posts show that he does crossfit and the like. he also shares tips on portion sizes and stuff. i am not sure about grains exactly but one of his fav meals is like steak and asparagus, a lot of his chef dishes follow the primal guidelines.

katiethepiano is offline Senior Member
    I love Michael Symon and his bald head.
    Visit my blog Primal Homeskillet. And eat it too.

kkratz57 is offline Senior Member
    He had me at deep fried brussel sprouts.

yeh he is hot! lol I like his attitude though, he seems the most real and talks real talk about food/health/fats etc.

here is a link: http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2011/01/28/...g-but-elitist/

HERE is a good link of him promoting real food/eating how our grandparents did/eating unprocessed "evil" foods/ shopping at local farm markets and getting reamed for it for saying it. he talks real talk, he does not BS but people still hate on that for some reason! He looks to be in good shape and practice what he preaches. He also promotes family and togetherness.

Iron Chef Michael Symon says feeding your family healthy food is anything but elitist – Eatocracy - CNN.com Blogs

Lolly is offline Member
    I adore every.single.thing. about that man. I have never heard him say anything that puts me off. I have seen him cook with and eat grain based foods, so I do not believe he is full-on primal/paleo but he is a lot more enlightened than most other TV personalities.
    I so swoooooon whenever i catch him on TV. swooooooon.

I agree. ^

MAlthaus is offline Junior Member
    Michael Symon kinda creeps me out. It's that laugh of his. Just can't stand it. It's cool that he's promoting all sorts of healthy eating habits, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast