Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VFFs at the Golden Globes page

Cave Woman is offline Senior Member

VFFs at the Golden Globes

I hate women's dress shoes. They hurt, they ruin your feet, your legs, your knees, hips, and back. They are torture. But the stars "must" wear them for all public appearances. Nominee for Best Supporting Actress Shailene Woodley wore her Tabitha Simmons shoes for the ceremony, but then ditched them for her Vibram Five Fingers (black, to match her gown) for the after parties. Way to go, Girl!

Read more here:
    Star
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122
    Goal weight 115? 120? I'll know when I get there.

"When I've fallen off dietary wagons before, the wagon stops, backs over me and leaves me for dead in the ditch. On PB, I can fall off, hang on with one hand, hold a cookie in the other, throw half away, and get right back on." ~Ottercat

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Damn thats awesome!

JoPaleo is offline Senior Member
    Lol! I love the title: Star’s Odd Golden Globes Footwear. I can just hear these fashion reporters saying "oh my god, like so.....odd, i don't get it....". haha!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    My feet went primal first!
    Yep... I've been wearing VFFs exclusively for about 2 years. I even wore my black suede Performa Janes to my son's HS graduation with dress slacks (I hate skirts) and a blouse. And I laughed at the ladies trying to cross the overflow parking field in heels VERY awkwardly.
    That said I do have a couple of pair of black pumps on reserve (I threw away all my other shoes) in case on an actual need... like a formal funeral or something.

Wearing VFFs has HEALED my feet! And I like to crow about it.

barefootmerle is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Wearing VFFs has HEALED my feet! And I like to crow about it.
    I had a bunion removed in November. Instead of toe splints or padded toe inserts, I've been wearing my VFFs during recovery. They hold my toes in the correct position and have helped with the healing process. My surgeon said he thinks he'll get himself a pair!

Cave Woman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barefootmerle View Post
    I had a bunion removed in November. Instead of toe splints or padded toe inserts, I've been wearing my VFFs during recovery. They hold my toes in the correct position and have helped with the healing process. My surgeon said he thinks he'll get himself a pair!
    Great story, barefootmerle!. It's up to us to educate our doctors. Way to go!
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122
    Goal weight 115? 120? I'll know when I get there.

"When I've fallen off dietary wagons before, the wagon stops, backs over me and leaves me for dead in the ditch. On PB, I can fall off, hang on with one hand, hold a cookie in the other, throw half away, and get right back on." ~Ottercat

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Cave Woman View Post
    Great story, barefootmerle!. It's up to us to educate our doctors. Way to go!
    +1!

I have lived with a chronic degenerative nerve disease (RSD/CRPS) starting in my right foot/leg since 1997. Conventional shoes were painful to say the least. I would put them on seconds before leaving the house, take them off the second I got back inside, and often had to take the right one off in the car traveling to/from because the sensations were too intense. And these weren't cheap uncomfortable shoes! They were mostly tennis shoes, good expensive ones custom fit in a store then further custom fit for orthotics... about 200-300 a pair. I was still in pain all the time, I walked with a pronounced limp, I sometimes drug/slid my right foot along doing all the work with my left, and my right foot had begun to turn in and atrophy.

Then one day about 2 years ago my husbands new German Shepherd did me a huge favor, he chewed up my most comfortable pair of shoes! LOL
    In trying to decide what ti replace them with I was looking online for the same model and found that they were no longer being made, but I ran across VFFs... and I ran across the Harvard study on bare feet vs. shod feet... and I thought, "What the heck, I'm going to try it!"
    The day I bought them I wore them home and husband gave me some really funny looks and I said to him "Don't worry, I won't wear them when I'm out with you... just when I'm doing my own thing." And we laughed about it.
    I also bought a conservative subdued color so they wouldn't be shockingly noticeable... yeah, they are anyway. LOL
    Within two weeks I told him I didn't care what he or anyone else thought, I was going to be wearing them all the time!

Sure my right foot got sore wearing them for a while... but it was a good sore, not just pain. I could feel my tendons stretching and muscles working.
    I proceeded to buy more VFFs and throw almost all of my other shoes away.
    Now I WALK with both feet! Sometimes I have a very slight limp on the right, but I just always will... the way my nerves work is still screwed up, but my physical body works again.
    Now I own all sorts of bright colors, and I will never go back to conventional shoes!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i think i saw this on gawker where the writer kept going on about how ugly they were and inappropriate and it bugged the hell out of me. you're a male writer, try wearing heels for over an hour and then get back to her about going barefoot in a dressy gown
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i think i saw this on gawker where the writer kept going on about how ugly they were and inappropriate and it bugged the hell out of me. you're a male writer, try wearing heels for over an hour and then get back to her about going barefoot in a dressy gown
    +1000

If I were the young lady in question I definitely would have gone for something like the suede Performa Jane in FUCHSIA!

I actually have an acquaintance (wife of one of husbands co-workers) who HATES my VFFs... she says they freak her out, look like monkey feet, they are ugly, I'm crazy for wearing them, blah, blah, blah. She almost always greets me with "OMG, it's you and your shooooooooes."
    At which point I smile and suggest the nearest store where she can get a pair fitted.

Yet she has bunions, hammertoe and crossed/overlapping toes from her long standing high heel obsession. She has to wear toe spreaders at night and while she sleeps, and her doctor has recommended surgery! ...And I'm the one who is crazy.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    you're the nutball, for sure
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast