Thread: In lak'ech: I am another yourself. page

BeachTeach is offline Senior Member

In lak'ech: I am another yourself.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I guess it's time to introduce myself since I've been lurking around and posting here and there. My thread title comes from a Mayan saying I learned when I was in Guatemala, and I find myself thinking of it often. We are all on similar journeys with the same challenges and successes. I look forward to learning with and from you all!

Your location: San Diego

How Primal are you: 90-95%

Do you consume dairy: Yes, usually 1-2 tbsp of cream in my coffee each morning.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes (2 cups coffee each morning)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Long ago I was a low carber on Atkins, and it was the best I've ever felt. I dropped it because my husband became pescatarian, and it became difficult to make meals. I finally just told him it was time for him to learn how to cook because I was feeling sick and fat eating grains, and it's working out super well! I also HATE cardio with a fiery hot passion, and I've always wanted to do strength training which I'm starting today.

Favorite exercise: Hiking, walking, biking.

Favorite Primal food: Roast beef, BACON (!!!), seared ahi *drool*

Best part about being Primal: I'm a heckuva lot more productive because I have energy. Also, since I'm not riding the glucose roller coaster, I'm a lot more pleasant. *grin*

Worst part about being Primal: Dealing with people who think I'm killing myself or think I'm a PITA because I won't eat something. *Lots* of pressure to have "just one bite." CW is the real PITA.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. I'm glad primal is going well for you.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Thanks! It really feels effortless. My husband and I decided we wanted to cook more and limit eating out to once a week, and I honestly don't miss it because I'm cooking such satisfying, flavorful food. Not sure how my hubby feels as he doesn't eat meat, so he's only eating what I'm cooking if it's fish or veggies. He's one of those pescatarians who really doesn't eat many vegetables, so I'm trying to get a few more of those into him. I keep hoping he'll come into the Paleo lifestyle and simplify our grocery buying and mealtimes!
    I blog about living life to the fullest at The Hairy Edge. Check it out! (Or not. We can still be friends. )

atthebeach is offline Junior Member
    hey beach teach! skimmed through your blog, love it! i also agree with you that this is effortless, thankfully, most of the people i dine with stopped asking questions and stopped offering me "just one bite" of something. I simply smile and bow out of a taste gracefully and offer no explanation...most of my friends already know what it is

Hi atthebeach! Guess we're two of the lucky ones with our locations, though I'm on the opposite side of the country and it's been strangely cold here for the last little while. Thanks for the compliments on my blog~they're appreciated.

I love your strategy for just saying, "No thank you." I may have to try that with my father in law who can be a little...hmm...fixated on things. When I was doing Atkins, he kept telling me I was building up heart disease and was going to kill myself. He's a well-meaning guy, but he's also had a couple of heart attacks, a mini-stroke, going blind in one eye~in the midst of this he decided to do the Dean Ornish almost no fat thing, and he still had another heart attack. He eats nearly no veggies, loves sugar and ice cream, and while he's thin, he's got a little belly and is always tired and cranky. Plus he still has all his health problems.

I think what I did before that eventually worked was to smile and nod and thank him for being concerned while singing show tunes in my head. :P
    I blog about living life to the fullest at The Hairy Edge. Check it out! (Or not. We can still be friends. )