Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No hunger post-workout page

Lova is offline Junior Member

Question No hunger post-workout

Hi all the Groks out there!

I can't seem to find an answer to this so either i need someone pointing me in the right direction or tell me in this thread

My "problem" is the fact that I'm not hungry after my workouts. from what I understand it's always good to fill up with protein after doing your heavy lifting - since I want to continue gaining muscle. Now to my problem: Ever since I went primal I always come out from my workouts full. I can actually be a litte hungry when the training starts, but I'm never hungry as soon as my workout has begun - and not when its done. And then there is the rule that you shouldnt eat when youre not hungry - or actually I dont want to eat when I'm not hungry.

When I wasnt following the primal lifestyle I was always starving after my workouts and eating after them was easy!

So - whats the deal here? Should I eat even if I'm not hungry, and why in Gods name am I ALWAYS full post workout eventhough I enter it hungry?

Thanks for taking the time to read!

dado Guest
    Don't worry. Mark Sissons himself, the legend, he does not always feel so hungry after working out.

Jett Airliner is offline Junior Member
    Cool, I was wondering this after my last workout too. A workout after a fast. I thought I had superpowers.

badly_dubbed is offline Senior Member
    i rarely eat PWO either. dont stress it. your muscles will still be there if you dont eat 5000g protein 30seconds after lifting weights.
    "Today’s technological age is enjoyed by the fattest, laziest humans in the history of humanity." -Mark Sisson

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I don't feel hungry after a workout either.

SeanM is offline Senior Member
    Because you're burning fat for fuel instead of sugar, right?

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, just because you aren't putting food into your mouth doesn't mean you aren't getting some energy from somewhere. Let's hope from the belly and thighs, or wherever would suit you most.

I have found myself that on IF days I can still get some exercise with no additional hunger.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

badly_dubbed is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanM View Post
    Because you're burning fat for fuel instead of sugar, right?
    Could well be, but in reality for me the last thing i want to do after hard hill sprints is eat lol id rather be sick first...
    "Today’s technological age is enjoyed by the fattest, laziest humans in the history of humanity." -Mark Sisson

Project-Frankie is offline Junior Member
    I have stopped feeling hungry in the mornings now that I'm in keto so I usually keep some boiled eggs in the work fridge that I have when I get in around 9am. This morning I did half hour cardio around 7am, got to work and didn't feel hungry at all until I saw my eggs in the fridge around 11 and thought I'd better eat something. Next time that happens I think I'll just have a fasting day. Interesting to see if it happens again tomorrow. Not going to eat if I'm not hungry!

Sol y Sombra is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It came as a very pleasant surprise that I stopped getting hungry after my usual elliptical workouts when I abandoned chronic cardio. I realized I had been working out at 80-85% of my maximum heart rate. And I was quite tired and hungry afterwards. Now I maintain 60-65% of my MHR and am neither hungry nor tired post workouts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast