Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: adameads' "LBN" Primal Journal page

adameads is offline Senior Member

Primal Journal (adameads)

Primal Fuel
    Alright, time to hop in with both feet...

I started my primal journey on December 28th, when I topped the scales at 251. I walked past the mirror on the way to the shower, and what I saw in the mirror disgusted me. So, in an effort to look better naked (LBN), I'm starting this journal to keep me accountable.

In about three weeks, I'm down to 241.2, as of this morning, so 10 pounds or so! I lost 6 or 7 pretty quickly (water weight?), and the last 4 or so have come off more slowly, albeit gradually. I think I might be "switched over". I've been about 95% clean. The only other "cheats" I allow myself are just lots of stuff that is primal approved, but should be used in moderation. A homemade trail mix with sunflower seeds, almonds, macadamia pieces, and a few pieces of dried fruit (no sugar added) is like crack to me.

So, avoiding sugar and grains isn't that hard when i can let myself cheat with primal stuff.

The good news is that my lovely wife has jumped in full force. She took the charge on trying six new primal recipes over the weekend! She is probably just as committed as I am, which has been a welcome surprise!

So...

Starting weight - 251
    Current weight - 241.2
    Goal weight - 199
    Starting BF% - not sure, will test soon.
    Goal BF% - 15%

I look forward to tracking progress here, and using it as inspiration along my primal journey.

Pictures to follow soon.
    Last edited by adameads; 01-24-2012 at 11:11 AM. Reason: typos

Man, these things get buried in a hurry...probably the busiest subsection of the forum?

Anyway, first SimpleFit workout tonight. I can't yet do enough pull ups to get through a 20 minute workout, but it was a great feeling to do a primal workout.

240 this morning...total of 11 pounds lost. Maybe I'm finally turned over to a fat burning machine. The boundless energy isn't here yet, and I still need to work on getting to sleep earlier and having more restful evenings, but I can definitely say I'm on the right path.

Very happy to have found this community of grokkers.

Grok on!

I'm through two days of the simplefit routine, and I feel great.

Still working on getting to bed earlier...it has been around 6-6.5 hours the last two nights. I need to quit stepping on the scale everyday...my rationale is that when there are losses, I'm happy and when there are gains it motivates me. But, this morning was a 1.2 pound gain from Tuesday. That is frustrating.

I do feel great overall, and I like the time spent with my family in the kitchen and around the dinner table.

Breakfast

Veggie (mushroom, onion, pepper, spinach, garlic) fritata with a small handful of blueberries
    Patty of primal approved breakfast sausage (turkey)

Lunch

Taco seasoned grass fed ground beef on bed of romaine with lime tomato avocado dressing

Dinner

Will be most likely some bison chili we made the other night.

Snacks have been primal approved trail mix and macadamia nuts (3).

Lots of water.

Day 3 of SimpleFit tonight in the basement.

Down 11.2 pounds.

Grok on!
    Last edited by adameads; 01-20-2012 at 11:05 AM.

I allowed myself a little too much trail mix yesterday...at least the food is "primal approved". At least I'm not snacking on sugary snacks and salty chips, which were once my go to snack. that, or a bowl of cereal.

I'm approaching one month of being about 95% clean eating, and am down 12 pounds. I look at the pictures in other threads for motivation, and can't wait until I'm looking like cheapo or bane in the before/after thread.

Made primal ketchup, barbecue sauce, and cocktail suace this morning. Kids like the ketchup, so that's a step in the right direction for them. That is going to be one tough fight getting the kids switched over to primal/paleo. They just don't like meat of any kind, save for a hot dog or chicken nuggets.

Could anyone link for me a thread or two about getting kids switched over to primal? Thanks!

Grok on!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Hey adameads, Welcome and good luck with your goals.

If you go to thread tools on the top right, you can subscribe to your own thread. Then you can access it through "settings" . You can also subscribe to any other thread that you like to follow in the same way.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

I was down another 1.2 pounds this morning...last weigh-in was two days ago, I believe.

I think I'm still waiting for the sustained energy levels...I find myself yawning in the car still. But, I am tired less, and even have to tell myself to go to bed at night. Overall, I love the lifestyle, and feel much better than before following a CW diet/exercise.

The grocery bill has DEFINITELY gone up. Our eating out bill has DEFINITELY gone down, though. I think we're about even, all things considered. It just seems like we're in the store every single day picking something up. Oh well...I guess this part will slow down once we have the "primal staples"?

Off to the elliptical for some low level cardio. I'd go outside, but I'm home today with a sick child.

Grok on!

still humming along. weighed in at 237.6 this morning, so down 13.4 pounds in about a month. Getting ready to eat some grass fed beef fajita/veggies. for lunch. did my simplefit this morning with 13 (modified) pullups, 26 pushups and 26 squats.

grok on!

236.4 today.

had leftover fritata for breakfast (eggs/zucchini/peppers/onion) with some blueberries
    tranyslvanian stockpot for lunch
    pecan pie (dates stuffed with pecans) for snack (3)
    pork tenderloin for dinner is on tap with some spaghetti squash and green beans

If I lose .4 more pounds by tomorrow morning, it will be fifteen pounds even in the first month (+two days). I'm taking photos on the 17th of every month, as that is just where it happened to fall the first time I took them. I figure a month apart will be enough for noticeable differences. Still meaning to take measurements.

Regarding measurements...what are the best ones to take? I'm thinking waist, hips, chest, thigh, calf, bicep, and forearm. Are there 3 or 4 or 5 "standard" measurements?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast