Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: magnesium-makes me restless and wired:S page

primalTatoolover is offline Senior Member

magnesium-makes me restless and wired:S

Primal Fuel
    has anyone else had this happen to them? ive tried taking the natural calm right before bed or a few hours before, and each time i wake up very quickly and im superrrr restless i cant stop tossing and turning.. this goes against everything ive heard of magnesium supplementation near bed. this has happened with a teaspoon up to a tablespoon. thoughts?

chelle06 is offline Member
    Thankfully I have not experienced that. For me it helps the insomnia. Some people react different to different things. I got wired and could have climbed the ceiling on morphine after a surgery. Ephedrine made me tired. Maybe this is just one of those backwards things for you? Could it be you dont need the mag?

Project-Frankie is offline Junior Member
    I don't have trouble sleeping when I take magnesium but I do have crazy, vivid dreams when I take it.

recursion is offline Junior Member
    I've noticed that Magnesium is a two step thing for me. When I take it, I will get the sleep urge about 30 minutes after it hits my stomach or so. This will knock me right out. If for whatever reason I wake up or resist this initial sleep urge then I am like you; wired and totally unable to sleep. Taking more magnesium unfortunately doesn't calm me down at this point as I learned by mistake one really unfortunate night.

BananaLeaf is offline Member
    Yes, the exact same thing happens to me! I have tried several times and always have the same reaction. It makes me pee a lot too, so I keep avoiding it :s

camel is offline Senior Member
    Me too, I thought it would help me sleep, but it wires me up too

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I hadn't heard that, but I usually take mine around 3pm or so. Maybe change the timing?
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

bryanccfshr is offline Senior Member
    Same effects as others have metioned, Gotta go right to bed and settle in. I get the most vivid dreams. Accidentally double dosed a couple of times(not paying attention I guesse. I know what to use as a laxative if I ever need it.
    Integrity is what we do when nobody's watching.

Primalest is offline Senior Member
    Start taking it first thing in the morning if it wires you. I guess you just work a little differently ;-)

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    LOL, are you related to my horse? I started her on a magnesium supp, used to calm horses down and she has been a raving lunatic ever since. I took her off it. I know in horses if they don't have the deficiency, they just pee it out. I have also read (from a seller of magnesium supps) that it doesn't read right on blood tests (in horses) and that a deficiency requires a really large supplementation to get corrected. OTOH, if you get too carried away, you can stop their heart with it.

Good luck- and why do people take magnesium?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast