Thread: Fellow Crossfit lovers page

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member

Fellow Crossfit lovers

Primal Fuel
    OK I have just been to my second workout, and I am hooked. I love it! Yes it was hard, and damn box jumps! I just jumped onto the 20kg plate, but I am determined to be doing the same as everyone else soon. I am pretty fit, but some of the stuff is just scary, I just froze when it came to jumping on the box. Its on my blog todays workout, but I cant stop smiling, although when I was doing it I thought I might pass out LOL.

I love KB swings!

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah! And the box jumps get easier - I swear. Well, not really easier, but not scary

crowemagnonman is offline Senior Member
    I recommend you temper your enthusiasm with a bit of caution. There are tons of benefits to Crossfit. I've done CF regularly for years now, but I also don't drink the kool-aid when it comes to some things. You will never make me believe that having your form be 20% off perfect isn't just a recipe for disaster when coupled with the thought of breaking your PR if you go just a bit faster and get a bit sloppier.

Also, never EVER do Sumo-deadlift high pulls. They are the devil and will kill your shoulders.
    My Blog -----> Two Bar Garage

tabby is offline Junior Member
    "Bootcamp" workouts are intense group intervals that last 1 hour. 10 minutes dynamic stretching, 40 minutes intense intervals (that vary every workout). The Last 10 minutes of the workout consists of yoga stretching. My last workout was dragging, lifting, pulling heavy stuff followed by suicide sprints. Do they differ in principle?
    -Steve

Quote Originally Posted by crowemagnonman View Post
    I recommend you temper your enthusiasm with a bit of caution. There are tons of benefits to Crossfit. I've done CF regularly for years now, but I also don't drink the kool-aid when it comes to some things. You will never make me believe that having your form be 20% off perfect isn't just a recipe for disaster when coupled with the thought of breaking your PR if you go just a bit faster and get a bit sloppier.

Also, never EVER do Sumo-deadlift high pulls. They are the devil and will kill your shoulders.
    Where I go, the trainer is very focussed on form, and is always telling people not to rush. And is always correcting form for everyone, so I don't think I need to worry about that.

primalsun is offline Member
    Congratulations on your new exercise addiction, Ayla! I just started CrossFit in October and I now do the WODs 4x week and extra strength sessions 2-3x week. I LOVE IT. The changes in my body in just a few months has been awesome. Also, I notice it has greatly improved my mood throughout the day (as most exercise would). Just make sure you listen to your body. If you start to dread the WODs or are feeling painfully sore, don't be afraid to take a few days or even a week off. Remember, its about the journey and there really isn't a finish line. I'm happy for you and good luck with the rest of your journey!!

Yay! As you may remember from a few other threads I'm a crossfit lover. I went this morning and we did Clean & Jerks and Back Squats. I love lifting heavy things!

But yes, box jumps; they are my nemesis. That, and side by side plyo jumps over a bar. For me there are a lot of mental blocks with jumping (afraid of falling) but I'm getting there.

My girls start another session (their third) of Crossfit Kids tomorrow. My husband goes as well. We are definitely a Crossfit-loving family.

My husband wants to start going soon too He will probably only go once a week though due to work, but I will try to make it so he can go 2 days. Where I go its on only 5 pm and 6.30 pm weekdays and then 1 sat class (as well as the intro class by appointment).