Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Project Frankie) page

Project-Frankie is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal (Project Frankie)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi there. My name’s Frankie.

I’m a 46 year old single working mum of two teenagers (well one is almost a teenager), living in Perth, Australia.

In 1992 I suffered a whiplash injury, which triggered the onset of Fibromyalgia (FMS).

I’ve managed so far. In a lot of pain and fatigued most of the time but managed to make it through a house, husband two kids and divorce.

Apart from the FMS, never really had a problem with my weight, although I have been ‘skinny fat’. I’m very ‘gangly’ and fine boned so when I have a ‘healthy’ bodyfat, ie 25% or less I am very thin. I just don’t have any muscle mass. This allowed my weight to creep up gradually over the ten years I’ve been a single mum, as I just didn’t look big, even when my bodyfat was into the 30’s I was still only a size 12-14 jeans (Australian size).

My weight was in the high 50’s/low 60’s (kgs) most of my adult life. Even after I had the kids I was still hovering in the mid 60’s. But, since I divorced, went back to work, started studying (got more than half way through an Exercise Science degree and then decided that stress was ruining my health) and looking after the kids on my own I became more and more inactive, my FMS is out of control, my exercise time is NIL and my eating habits are crap.

I’m 5’9” and 85kg (187lb) with 44% bodyfat (this is from a DEXA scan, not just the scales). I am considered obese. I was considered overweight when I ‘looked slim’.

So to get down to a healthy bodyfat range….I have LOT of work to do. I need to eat well and exercise. I need to build some muscle mass. I need to reduce my stress levels.

I need to change my life!!!

Over the past month, while on summer holidays I’ve been reading…and reading…and reading. I’ve read everything I could get my hands on regarding paleo/primal lifestyle and I’m convinced it’s 1. Right. 2. For me.

My reading started with Mark’s Primal Blueprint and carried on from there. I am armed with an iPad full of recipes, a workout routine and a google reader full of paleo blogs.

And now I am here I’ve been off grains and sugars for two weeks (and have dropped 3kg and 6cm from my waist).

I want to lose at least 20kg (44lb) to see my weight at around 65kg (143lb). I want to be strong! I want to be pain free! I want to be full of energy!!!!

Yeah…I want a LOT.

So…

Height 5’9”
    SW 87.7kg (193lb)
    CW 84.7kg(186lb)
    GW 65kg (143lb)

Here we go!

Frankie
    Last edited by Project-Frankie; 01-16-2012 at 12:14 AM.

So, Day 15 done and dusted (I've been on this since 2 Jan)

First day back at work after 3 weeks so wasn't exactly enthusiastic this morning. Trying out a shoulder brace at work to help support my weak back muscles as the pain of sitting at my desk is the bane of my existence. Could only wear it 3 hours as it was a little small and cutting into my arms. Have ordered a new one that's larger and designed differently so looking forward to getting that in the mail.

I've been in ketosis for nearly 10 days...all day (yeah I'm a crazy pink stick piddler). I like keto. I know I can lose weight on it even if I can't be physically active when I'm having an FMS or costo flare up. I rarely feel hungry and I feel bright and alert all day. Works for me!! Subsequently, I don't eat a lot. But who cares? What I am eating is good for me and my body has HEAPS of fat to burn if it needs the energy. My brain LOVES those ketones too

I just need to try and workout in the morning as I'm so tired and sore after work, I just can't bring myself to do it. Once I start working on my back muscles, I hope that some of this will start to sort itself out.

Ok...today's nutrition

Breakfast - 2 boiled eggs (never that hungry in the morning so don't end up eating them until I get to work - have a supply in the fridge)
    Lunch - home made chicken and zucchini patties with a crunchy coleslaw-like salad (healthy dressing)
    Dinner - not very hungry so just had a little cheese and some walnuts (Some days I don't feel like dinner at all but I'm sure I'll eat more when I start training)

Laying on my bed sideways watching TV..don't you love that?

Frankie
    Last edited by Project-Frankie; 01-16-2012 at 04:37 AM.

sarahz is offline Senior Member
    He he just found your journal!

How did you get your pic in there I've tried so many times and it doesn't seem to work?

for the avatar? it's on the settings page on the left hand side "edit avatar" I think. You to make sure it's the size they specify or it won't load up.

I'll probably be on here a bit now that I've deactivated facebook. Was only going to be off for my holidays but might give myself a challenge to get back into the 60's before I go back on there!

Today was not bad. Spine from chin to diaphragm feels stiff as a board but I'm hoping that now I'm feeling more energetic, weights and yoga will help that. Physio has advised NO chest work until further notice as it flares up my ribs/sternum problems. I need to build the strength in my upper as number 1 priority. If I can correct my posture, things will start to get back in balance.

So, here's what today looked like.

6am - 30 min incline walk on the treadmill (barefoot of course)

Breakfast - not hungry at all, in fact forgot about breakfast until about 11am when I spotted my pre prepared boiled eggs in the fridge at work, so I ate them out of obligation I guess. If I don't feel hungry again tomorrow I'm not going to eat them.

Lunch - Wasn't hungry again until 4pm after work when I had a plate of treats such as walnuts, some turkey with a little cheese and some strawberries.

8pm - Weights
    I need to start slowly or I'll go backwards...as I said, no chest work. I have a home gym and free weights/bench at home.

T-Bar Rows
    Squats
    Med Grip Rev Pulldowns (first stage of my mission to do chin ups!!)
    Shoulder press (neutral grip instead of front facing to accommodate rotator cuff issues).

Dinner - thinking about it. Have bolognaise I made for the kids. Might have that with a little cheese on top and watch Alcatraz!!

Night

Don't think I'll journal daily as trying to cut computer time. Might just log in here when I weigh in on a Monday.

Part of my new lifestyle! Less time in cyberspace.

So, I'm posting this photo. It's not pretty. Me now, at 85kg. I will post a photo every month of me trying to fit into these jeans. They're not stretch at all and they are an Australian size 14. As you can see, I could barely even get them over my butt and my boobs are only JUST staying in my bikini top! YIKES!!! So...it's out there. Eeiiw I can hardly look at it. I would really like to fit into these jeans (and a dozen other pairs) for winter (June).

Giddy up!!!

Yeah go Frankie! Looking forward to reading your journal and keeping up with what's going on! I can't believe how little food you eat and your not getting hungry, I suppose that's a good thing!

Good on you for posting your pic, look forward to seeing the regular pics and your progress! I find my hardest thing is breakfast but I now have a really good quick and easy recipe that tastes just like oatmeal so its my new love! xx

pauldaniel7 is offline Junior Member
    You can do it!!! Just keep on track!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast