Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm sick and frustrated! page

ar0e is offline Member

I'm sick and frustrated!

Primal Fuel
    Ok, so I went to the Dr. after 5 days of horrific pain and he confirmed I have shingles. I'm only 26 so he thinks it is definitely caused by a lowered immune system most likely due to stress. I HATE taking prescriptions but he gave me an anitviral and insisted that I really need to take it. Just wondering if anyone has any information on how to boost my immune system? I eat primal foods and take New Chapter multivitamins, probiotics, and drink an ounce of liquid chlorophyl every morning, I feel like I should be healthy and it's really frustrating to get such a stupid illness when I am trying so hard to be healthy.

ljq309 is offline Senior Member
    That's what I thought would happen... glad you went to the Dr, sorry you had to though. Did you say on your other thread that you had been under a lot of stress? That'll do it.
    Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
    Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
    Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
    Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Shingles sucks...sorry you are suffering It is good you went in though - shingles pain can be long term if things get too out of control.

How are your vitamin D levels? Vitamin D is very important for good immune function and many, many people are deficient. Other immune boosters include kelp (iodine) and oysters (zinc).

I would also suggest taking L-lysine. It works well for some people as an anti-viral.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Shingles sucks...sorry you are suffering It is good you went in though - shingles pain can be long term if things get too out of control.

How are your vitamin D levels? Vitamin D is very important for good immune function and many, many people are deficient. Other immune boosters include kelp (iodine) and oysters (zinc).

I would also suggest taking L-lysine. It works well for some people as an anti-viral.
    +1

I have a good friend that it took a loooonnnnggg time to get better. Definitely work on the stress. She needed narcotics to deal w/ the pain. Hang in there - you can get better! Definitely take more vit D3 also.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ar0e View Post
    and drink an ounce of liquid chlorophyl every morning
    Why?
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Take the anti-virals...don't mess with shingles.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Raine is offline Member
    Be careful with shingles it can go to your eyes if you don't take your meds and effect your vision, and go to your brain. Did your dr run any blood tests to check your cd4/cd8 etc levels to see IF your immune system is actually down???. Or did they just assume it?. Have you had any major viral illnesses like mono/glandular fever recently?.

If your immune system is chronically down I can suggest an immune modular that you could look into. It's natural but very potent, so needs to be taken with caution. You can't use it if you have seizures or an autoimmune disease. It has had good success in quite a few people with a chronically low/weak immune system, but you need to discuss it with your doctor.

More info here: Equilibrant
    Last edited by Raine; 01-15-2012 at 09:47 PM.

ar0e is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Why?
    I started taking it before I went primal to help control the occasional pimples I would get and it's a good source of magnesium. I also had a sore throat a few days before and I gargled with the chlorophyl and it felt better by the next day. I figure it can't be hurting anything to keep taking it, I could be wrong though because obviously I'm not doing very well :/

TDrenthe is offline Junior Member
    Did you suffer from chickenpox in your childhood?
    I have heard that it happens if you got chickenpox in your childhood.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Once you've had chickenpox the virus can lay dormant for a while and pops up as shingles usually when stressed, immune system down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast