Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too much fiber

Too much fiber

Shop Now
    has anyone experienced getting too much fiber b/c of having to eat high carbs from vegetables? I recently had to up my carb intake to meet training demands and have had some acid reflux and not as good bowel movements, and I think I may be getting too much fiber. I've calculated it to be easily 60+ grams on these big training days, and that's even trying to minimize it just eating my starchy carbs from yams etc, meat and healthy fats (fat fiber free=coconut oil etc).

I am considering/ going to play with using some white rice as well on these days if it doesn't feel wrong, although I do enjoy/ feel better mentally about eating lots of sweet potatoes.

Are you eating the potato skins? Maybe cut them out.

too delicious to cut out! and I looked it up and they only add 1-2 additional grams of fiber. so even on a 5 potato day thats 10 grams which isn't much out of 60+.

Maybe try white potatoes in place of the sweets. Or rice like you're thinking of doing.

Getting enough water? dehydration causes expulsion issues.

loads of water, tried white rice on sunday and again tonight to see how i do (after massive rides)

Drink a black coffee, and then go do sprints. I wont lie to you.. it gets my bowel moving!

:-P
    Eat Clean | Train Mean | Live Lean

my bowels move once a day every day when i wake up, they are just kind of gnarly.

Eat a smaller sweet potato with some brown sugar on it to make up the carbs. If you're training hard you can kick up your heels a bit, and that will cut some fiber out.

Shop Now
    Not sure what you mean on the heels thing but brown sugar would be more simple sugars which I don't need and if I did I'd use honey.