Thread: Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken page

JaKa529 is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken

Primal Fuel
    I found this recipe from perusing pinterest.com. I just tried it out this evening and I loved it! Here is a link to the original recipe - Kaytucky Chicken Kayotic Kitchen (Obviously you'll want to 86 the puff pastry to keep it primal)

I used:
    2 ounces of organic cream cheese
    Green onions (a.k.a. scallions, spring onions)
    Spinach
    Salt and pepper
    Minced Garlic
    I didn't really 'measure' how much green onions and spinach I mixed into the cream cheese, but I find it's pretty easy to determine a good amount by eye. This mixture was enough for two chicken thighs. I cooked the thighs in the oven at 375 for about 35 minutes. It tasted absolutely wonderful. I plan on making this very often.

Anyone else have any stuffed chicken recipes they'd like to share?

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Oh, yum! I have everything on hand to make this!!

thessaly is offline Junior Member
    Sorry, pet peeve, that recipe is driving me nuts.

I keep seeing it come up on pinterest described as spinach stuffed chicken, but there is no spinach in the actual recipe.

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by JaKa529 View Post
    I found this recipe from perusing pinterest.com. I just tried it out this evening and I loved it! Here is a link to the original recipe - Kaytucky Chicken Kayotic Kitchen (Obviously you'll want to 86 the puff pastry to keep it primal)

I used:
    2 ounces of organic cream cheese
    Green onions (a.k.a. scallions, spring onions)
    Spinach
    Salt and pepper
    Minced Garlic
    I didn't really 'measure' how much green onions and spinach I mixed into the cream cheese, but I find it's pretty easy to determine a good amount by eye. This mixture was enough for two chicken thighs. I cooked the thighs in the oven at 375 for about 35 minutes. It tasted absolutely wonderful. I plan on making this very often.

Anyone else have any stuffed chicken recipes they'd like to share?
    You do realise that recipe does not actually mention chicken? LOL. It does sound nice though, I will try it without the garlic.

We slice breasts open and pound 'em flat and then lay proscuitto or pancetta, prawns and avocado (and sometimes cheese) inside, roll up and secure with string or toothpicks and then bake in the oven. .
    Served with Mushroom & zucchini strips in creamy sauce.
    I make the zucchini strips with my mandolin slicer (love that gadget!) but you can do it by hand, just make the strips about 1/2 cm square. We use one large zucchini for 2 people or a small one each. You'll want about 20ml each of white wine and lemon juice, and a dash of pure cream (the pouring type, not thickened. Heat some butter in a frypan at a fairly high heat, throw in the zucchini strips, stir briefly, add the wine and lemon, stir for a moment, add a spoonful or so of the cream, stir and serve. We also do this with mushrooms, you cook the mushies in the butter first then just proceed as above.
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

JaKa529 is offline Junior Member
    thessaly - I did notice that once I saw the recipe, but I added the spinach so that it truly was a spinach-and-cheese stuffed chicken.