Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: All Meat Diet- Long Term Effects? page

  1. #1
    Rasputina's Avatar
    Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,023

    All Meat Diet- Long Term Effects?

    Primal Fuel
    Has any one had any experience with a long-term all meat "zero carb" (yes, that's impossible, meat has carbs)? I only did it for a week. Has anyone here done it strictly for at least a year? Were there any negative effects? Positive experience? The reason I ask is because I was surfing the "Zeroing in on Health" forum, and it seems very heavily moderated, so I couldn't tell if anyone was having any negative experiences with ZC.

  2. #2
    raney's Avatar
    raney is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    139
    The primary concern I would have is that you wouldn't be providing any prebiotics (ie, fiber) to nurture your gut flora.

  3. #3
    Rasputina's Avatar
    Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,023
    Wait, I did just rum into a problem that a few of the zero carbers posted in a forum- achy joints, and they were going to take fish oil to help. Hmm, why wouldn't they just eat fish?
    @raney- did you go zero carb for a long period of time?

  4. #4
    HeatherJ's Avatar
    HeatherJ is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    305
    Peggy at The Primal Parent | Primal parenting our paleo kids has been on a near zero carb diet for several years. She's done a few posts on it and she is vibrantly healthy, not to mention hot as hell.

  5. #5
    Rasputina's Avatar
    Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,023
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherJ View Post
    Peggy at The Primal Parent | Primal parenting our paleo kids has been on a near zero carb diet for several years. She's done a few posts on it and she is vibrantly healthy, not to mention hot as hell.
    Thanks, Heather, I'll go check out this hot mom's blog

  6. #6
    HeatherJ's Avatar
    HeatherJ is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    305
    Here's the link to the article which would be most relevant:

    The Carnivore’s Dilemma – A Diet of Just Meats and Fats? | The Primal Parent

  7. #7
    Blackcatbone's Avatar
    Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    2,192
    Check out this blog as well: Hyperlipid I haven't read it in a long time but he eats a very high meat diet so I'm sure you could get some insight there.

  8. #8
    Rasputina's Avatar
    Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    Check out this blog as well: Hyperlipid I haven't read it in a long time but he eats a very high meat diet so I'm sure you could get some insight there.
    Thanks, Blackcatbone

  9. #9
    tapper47's Avatar
    tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    Has any one had any experience with a long-term all meat "zero carb" (yes, that's impossible, meat has carbs)? I only did it for a week. Has anyone here done it strictly for at least a year? Were there any negative effects? Positive experience? The reason I ask is because I was surfing the "Zeroing in on Health" forum, and it seems very heavily moderated, so I couldn't tell if anyone was having any negative experiences with ZC.
    ZOIH forum is for meat only though the owner of the site got into homemade ice cream for a while. Last pics I saw of him he looked like he was gaining a few pounds. He mostly eats meat and drinks water AFAIK.

    I tried it for 8 months. I did lose weight. I also had chronic diarrhea which could strike at any time, any place, without warning. My supplement was Immodium AD. (Kinda like being on that Alli diet) Not good for me.

  10. #10
    Rasputina's Avatar
    Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,023
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by tapper47 View Post
    ZOIH forum is for meat only though the owner of the site got into homemade ice cream for a while. Last pics I saw of him he looked like he was gaining a few pounds. He mostly eats meat and drinks water AFAIK.

    I tried it for 8 months. I did lose weight. I also had chronic diarrhea which could strike at any time, any place, without warning. My supplement was Immodium AD. (Kinda like being on that Alli diet) Not good for me.
    Oh, no!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •