Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: All Meat Diet- Long Term Effects? page 2

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Parent looks like a good site. She is eating shrimp though which at ZOIH was too high in carbs.

raney is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    @raney- did you go zero carb for a long period of time?
    No, I don't really go a day without broccoli. My concerns are simply based on the research I've done on fiber's conversion to SCFAs in the intestines and the way it affects gut flora population and diversity.

I feel that it would less than ideal, and I would call that an educated guess, but I'd be really curious to see the results of a year of ZC. I think there is a stool test that determines bacteria populations? If one were really serious about using themselves as a scientific experiment.

I agree Peggy looks great, but she also has enough food intolerances that ZC was her inevitable path to health I think. I'm not sure its feasible for everyone.

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raney View Post
    No, I don't really go a day without broccoli. My concerns are simply based on the research I've done on fiber's conversion to SCFAs in the intestines and the way it affects gut flora population and diversity.

I feel that it would less than ideal, and I would call that an educated guess, but I'd be really curious to see the results of a year of ZC. I think there is a stool test that determines bacteria populations? If one were really serious about using themselves as a scientific experiment.

I agree Peggy looks great, but she also has enough food intolerances that ZC was her inevitable path to health I think. I'm not sure its feasible for everyone.
    That would be an interesting experiment!
    I did all-meat for a week and felt like crap- probably low-carb flu and alcohol withdrawal.

Bissen is offline Senior Member
    Tough work for your kidneys, no food for you brain (well, excess work for you body to turn protein into sugar). I wouldn't do it.

abstractpersona is offline Senior Member
    Mark talked about this just on the 13th.

Zero Carb Diet | Mark's Daily Apple
    My smartphone makes me about $100 per month
    Updating my journal again after a 2 year break.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    I did VLC. It helped me heal up some, but I couldn't be as active as I wanted to be on it, and my weight loss eventually stalled. For some people, it may work if they are very fastidious and really need it, but I would think they are few and far between.

Satch12879 is offline Member
    If we were intended to not eat carbohydrates, our dentition and digestive systems would be radically different.
    Read. The. Book.

Thanks to all of those who replied with personal experiences.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I can see doing it short term, but in the long run, I think you'd be mising out on a lot of micro-nutrients.

I can see having the same problem vegetarians have, only with meat. There's just always going to be nutrients you aren't getting, and it will eventually catch up with you.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    I can see doing it short term, but in the long run, I think you'd be mising out on a lot of micro-nutrients.

I can see having the same problem vegetarians have, only with meat. There's just always going to be nutrients you aren't getting, and it will eventually catch up with you.
    Thanks for responding Rita, but I am not interested in that debate, my question was for those who have had experience as a long-term zero-carber.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast