Thread: Going Primal - And Introducing Myself page

chelsealosingit is offline Junior Member

Going Primal - And Introducing Myself

Shop Now
    Hello everyone - I'm going into my third week of Primal living and really enjoying it so far (now that the horrible carb detox period is over). I'm excited about participating in the Primal community, which seems awesome. I've started a blog (called Chelsea is Losing It) to help with accountability, and also have a related Twitter feed to follow workouts, recipes I'm trying, etc (@ChelseaLosingIt). Thanks for any and all support/advice the more experienced Groks can give.

Here are my answers to the basic stuff:

Your location: Chicago, IL

How Primal are you: Almost completely primal (small amount of dairy, see below) 6 days/week, with one built-in day for "cheat foods" on the seventh day.

Do you consume dairy: Yes - about 1 tbsp organic half and half in coffee daily, and a small amount of cheese a few days/week.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes (1 cup coffee each morning)

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    I'm overweight, and also was feeling terrible eating the Standard American Diet (low energy, digestive problems, etc).

Favorite exercise: I love hiking, walking, and biking so moving frequently at a slow pace is pretty easy for me! But really I'm excited about pullups. Right now I have to do the assisted ones, but my goal is to do an actual pullup on my own by July.

Favorite Primal food: Mmmmm steak. With garlic mashed cauliflower and green beans/broccoli. Yum.

Best part about being Primal: My energy levels stay consistent throughout the day. I'm less hungry. I'm sleeping much better. No chronic cardio!

Worst part about being Primal:
    I have emotional eating issues that are heavily intertwined with carb-filled foods, so dealing with that while staying Primal is tough.

Thanks for reading - wish me luck!
    Chelsea can be found blogging about losing weight and going Primal (while trying not to go crazy) at ChelseaIsLosingIt.com. She is also on Twitter - @ChelseaLosingIt.

jak757 is offline Member
    Hi Chelsea -- I started primal two weeks ago, so I'm right behind you. First few days were rough for me too, but after that, I do believe I am feeling better already. I can relate to the emotional eating issues and carb-filled foods....long time carb addict here. I turn here every morning for my daily inspiration, and work at just making it through this one day.

Good luck with your journey!

John

chelle06 is offline Member
    Howdy Chelsea! I started the last day of December myself. Carbage is a hard habit to break. It is intertwined in so many social and family situations. Best of luck to you!

Thanks John!
    Chelsea can be found blogging about losing weight and going Primal (while trying not to go crazy) at ChelseaIsLosingIt.com. She is also on Twitter - @ChelseaLosingIt.

And thanks, chelle06!