Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Healing & FODMAPS page 2

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Alykat View Post
    Hmmm....BestBetter, did you ever find out what caused your bloating?
    So you were still bloated on animal meats only?
    Were you gassy?
    Ah, it's always fun to revisit old posts and see how much has changed. Really good for perspective!

At that point, when I was doing elimination diets like crazy, intermittent fasting, and in general digestive misery, I could never figure out the trigger. Now that I'm healed, and having figured out that one of my IBS triggers is eating too much in a meal, I think that likely my problem at that point was that I was fasting for a day or two, then eating one huge meal, which my system couldn't deal with, in conjunction with having messed up gut flora and chronic inflammation.

EDIT: Another possible issue for me during those elimination diet phases was that I was still eating high histamine containing/producing foods, which I'm now suspecting to be a problem for me.

I remember that in my desperation to heal my IBS, I even went fruitarian for a couple of days, just to see if meat could be causing my issues...those were the worst 3 days of my life. I went from chronic constipation with gas and bloating to a whole new level of digestive hell...there aren't even words to describe the toxic stench I was emitting! I don't know who can live on a 100% fruit diet, but there is no doubt that it's not me.

It just goes to show that even when things seem bleakest, like there's no hope for an impossible situation (which is how I definitely felt at that point), we always have the ability to heal and make improvements as long as we don't give up.
    Last edited by BestBetter; 11-10-2012 at 04:42 PM.

snoopy is offline Junior Member
    How did you heal...I'm in the middle of a health crisis...chronic inflammation from who knows where, histamine and salicylate intolerance...can only eat peas, bananas, green beans, and meat. I'm in hell
    I used to eat cashew butter, but for the last several months I have been going as low pufa as possible...I've had so many tests done, but they all come back relatively normal. Though a urine test I had done said I have slight yeast issues and fuminisn infection(fungus) and all my antioxidants are low or non existant despite taking supplements...not sure how accurate hormone tests are, but my estrogen was quite low(but ray peat doesn't think these tests are accurate) please help!

Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    Ah, it's always fun to revisit old posts and see how much has changed. Really good for perspective!

At that point, when I was doing elimination diets like crazy, intermittent fasting, and in general digestive misery, I could never figure out the trigger. Now that I'm healed, and having figured out that one of my IBS triggers is eating too much in a meal, I think that likely my problem at that point was that I was fasting for a day or two, then eating one huge meal, which my system couldn't deal with, in conjunction with having messed up gut flora and chronic inflammation.

I remember that in my desperation to heal my IBS, I even went fruitarian for a couple of days, just to see if meat could be causing my issues...those were the worst 3 days of my life. I went from chronic constipation with gas and bloating to a whole new level of digestive hell...there aren't even words to describe the toxic stench I was emitting! I don't know who can live on a 100% fruit diet, but there is no doubt that it's not me.

It just goes to show that even when things seem bleakest, like there's no hope for an impossible situation (which is how I definitely felt at that point), we always have the ability to heal and make improvements as long as we don't give up.

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    How did you heal...I'm in the middle of a health crisis...chronic inflammation from who knows where, histamine and salicylate intolerance...can only eat peas, bananas, green beans, and meat. I'm in hell
    I used to eat cashew butter, but for the last several months I have been going as low pufa as possible...I've had so many tests done, but they all come back relatively normal. Though a urine test I had done said I have slight yeast issues and fuminisn infection(fungus) and all my antioxidants are low or non existant despite taking supplements...not sure how accurate hormone tests are, but my estrogen was quite low(but ray peat doesn't think these tests are accurate) please help!
    Hi Snoopy,

I've written some pretty extensive posts on my epic journey to recover and heal from a bunch of weird health issues that never seem to make much sense, I have several on this thread:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread62278.html

BTW, I am a big fan of Ray Peat, even though I disagree with some of his views and recommendations. But, I have substantially increased my intake of actual sugar (no HFCS!) and starches (so what I'm doing is more like a high sugar version of the Perfect Health Diet).

I don't have all the answers, and I'm certainly not a doctor, but I'm happy to share what worked for me. Unfortunately, my answers my not be yours, and it may take a long time, but you will figure it out. Anyway, if you have any questions, feel free to send a PM, I wouldn't want to hijack anyone's thread .
    Last edited by BestBetter; 11-10-2012 at 04:45 PM.

snoopy is offline Junior Member
    Thank you! I might be sending you some questions...

patski is offline Senior Member
    Everyone in this thread: take a look at healing your adrenals. Food sensitivities and candida are only a symptom of something bigger.

Licorice root powder, vitamin C, a very good B multivitamin (B#6 from Thorne Research is great); Chris Kresser had a podcast recently discussing adrenal fatigue and he recommended some products.

Adrenal Fatigue, Glutathione Status, and Rheumatoid Arthritis

I also second the l-glutamine supplementation. I healed a years worth of dermatitis around my nose and mouth in about a month taking an upwards of 20 grams per day. Don't OD on the stuff though! You'll experience severe abdominal cramping like never before if you do!
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12