Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hardened Lymph Nodes page

Rasputina is offline Senior Member

Hardened Lymph Nodes

Shop Now
    Has anyone else dealt with hardened lymph nodes? I've had one in my neck, left side, top of neckbone, for YEARS. I went to the doctor about it several years ago and he said that because it sometimes gets smaller, it's nothing to worry about. He said I'm always just a little bit sick! I am going to a new doctor next week to get another opinion.

GoLisaGo is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I had them on my neck, both sides for a few years. Off and on, but mostly on. They have all disappeared since I changed the way I eat.

Quote Originally Posted by GoLisaGo View Post
    Yes, I had them on my neck, both sides for a few years. Off and on, but mostly on. They have all disappeared since I changed the way I eat.
    Wish that would have worked for me! Did you ever go to the doctor about yours?

jennf is offline Senior Member
    I have one on my neck on the right side and one in my left armpit that are always enlarged. The one under my arm has been that way since I was 12! At one point they wanted to take it out, but it also goes down sometimes so no one has felt the need to remove them.

Now that I understand inflammation it drives me crazy because they indicate that I still have it despite my best efforts. I'm really not sure what, if anything, I can do except a full elimination diet.

Quote Originally Posted by jennf View Post
    I have one on my neck on the right side and one in my left armpit that are always enlarged. The one under my arm has been that way since I was 12! At one point they wanted to take it out, but it also goes down sometimes so no one has felt the need to remove them.

Now that I understand inflammation it drives me crazy because they indicate that I still have it despite my best efforts. I'm really not sure what, if anything, I can do except a full elimination diet.
    I am wondering the same thing. I have never been diagnosed as celiac, but gluten makes my tummy puff up and make awful grindy movements and noises. Maybe small amounts of gluten could affect my lymph node, as well? It does hurt to the tough, it is sometimes pea sized and sometimes double-pea size, but it just goes up and down all the time. Grrrr. Maybe I'll get a full allergy test at my doc appt.

Did you ever go to the doctor about yours?
    Yes, I did several times. The first time I did my doctor looked at me like I was crazy because the swelling seemed to coincide with my monthly menstrual cycle. The last time I did was after I'd gone through menopause, but I also had some re-occuring pimple like breakouts on my scalp and a massive headache. She gave me amoxillin/penicillin and everything cleared up. Within two months I was sick as a dog, my body had a severe drug reaction to the penicillin and was destroying it's own red blood cells. Night sweats, fever, severe anemia, enlarged spleen and liver... Of course, they didn't know why at first, they thought I might've have leukemia. That was my turning point. I committed to becoming as healthy as could be, and the research led me to all things paleo, primal, and nutrition as therapy. If I eat any grains now, except a bit of white rice, I have a reaction. If I take the supplement DHEA, I will get the pimples on my head again.

Yes, I did several times. The first time I did my doctor looked at me like I was crazy because the swelling seemed to coincide with my monthly menstrual cycle. The last time I did was after I'd gone through menopause, but I also had some re-occuring pimple like breakouts on my scalp and a massive headache. She gave me amoxillin/penicillin and everything cleared up. Within two months I was sick as a dog, my body had a severe drug reaction to the penicillin and was destroying it's own red blood cells. Night sweats, fever, severe anemia, enlarged spleen and liver... Of course, they didn't know why at first, they thought I might've have leukemia. That was my turning point. I committed to becoming as healthy as could be, and the research led me to all things paleo, primal, and nutrition as therapy. If I eat any grains now, except a bit of white rice, I have a reaction. If I take the supplement DHEA, I will get the pimples on my head again.
    Oh my God!! That sounds horrible! I hope you are okay now! So, I guess they didn't figure out the initial problem?

It was horrible, a literal near death experience. However, I am feeling great now, and the experience led me to some great awakenings and a true appreciation for living an optimum life. If you are eating any gluten, try ditching that for 3 weeks and see if it helps. Gluten intolerance doesn't just happen in the gut, it's systemic. Your enlarged lymph nodes are signalling something to you.

It was horrible, a literal near death experience. However, I am feeling great now, and the experience led me to some great awakenings and a true appreciation for living an optimum life. If you are eating any gluten, try ditching that for 3 weeks and see if it helps. Gluten intolerance doesn't just happen in the gut, it's systemic. Your enlarged lymph nodes are signalling something to you.
    I am trying to quit drinking beer, so you may be correct!

primalprincess7 is offline Senior Member
    Gluten intolerance doesn't just happen in the gut, it's systemic. Your enlarged lymph nodes are signalling something to you.
    this happens to me too when I eat sugar or wheat/gluten, thanks for sharing your story! makes me appreciate my need to make better food choices consistently.
    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast