Thread: still hungry? page

Janola02 is offline Junior Member

still hungry?

Primal Fuel
    Hi guys,

I've been full on primal now for about two weeks but I'm chronically hungry.

I am pretty fit. I do Insanity workouts 6 days a week.

Body Stats: 5'6" 135-140 lbs.

A typical day of eating would be...

IF miss breakfast.

Lunch would be a large piece of fish with a side of vegetables.

Dinner is typically a 12 oz cut of steak (non lean) with sautéed spinach.

If I get hungry between lunch and dinner I have a handful of almonds and sometimes if I am hungry late night following dinner I'll have another handful of nuts.

Any suggestions?

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    More fat (saturated and monounsaturated). More veg.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Eat more if you are hungry.

If you are making those veggies without fat, maybe you just aren't eating enough calories? It's hard to tell- I have 800 calories for the steak, then who knows on the fish- 250 calories? Veggies could be maybe 150 calories. How big is the handful of nuts? 10 almonds or 50? Or are you cooking your veggies in a couple hundred calories of fat? It's hard to tell how much fuel you are geting.

If you are happy with your weightloss, I'd just eat more, maybe try breakfast on occasion. And love Shaun T!

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    Add more fat as already suggested, and cut back on the Insanity. It's a great workout, but really shouldn't be done 6 days/week...I'd do three tops. Way too taxing.
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Eat more. Your typical food day would leave me starving and I sit at a desk all day.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Janola02 View Post
    Hi guys,

I've been full on primal now for about two weeks but I'm chronically hungry.

I am pretty fit. I do Insanity workouts 6 days a week.

Body Stats: 5'6" 135-140 lbs.

A typical day of eating would be...

IF miss breakfast.

Lunch would be a large piece of fish with a side of vegetables.

Dinner is typically a 12 oz cut of steak (non lean) with sautéed spinach.

If I get hungry between lunch and dinner I have a handful of almonds and sometimes if I am hungry late night following dinner I'll have another handful of nuts.

Any suggestions?
    Workout less and/or eat more. Why miss out breakfast if you're hungry?...
    When you say a side of veggies, are you meaning a few spoonfools on the side of the plate, or half the plate covered in veggies (cooked in / drizzeled with some kind of good fat)?

I wouldn't worry about IFing daily if I were you. Stick to the PB as written (so that would be occasional IF,not daily. Say you're not hungry and it'slunch time, or you're stuck in the car and have no food and there's only junkavailable from the gas station, then IF) for at least a couple of months before trying the more funky stuff recommended on the forum
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Add a large fat and protein filled breakfast every day and subtract a couple days of cardio from your week.

JoPaleo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Workout less and/or eat more. Why miss out breakfast if you're hungry?...
    When you say a side of veggies, are you meaning a few spoonfools on the side of the plate, or half the plate covered in veggies (cooked in / drizzeled with some kind of good fat)?

I wouldn't worry about IFing daily if I were you. Stick to the PB as written (so that would be occasional IF,not daily. Say you're not hungry and it'slunch time, or you're stuck in the car and have no food and there's only junkavailable from the gas station, then IF) for at least a couple of months before trying the more funky stuff recommended on the forum
    +1 ^this.