Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Marilee page

Marilee is offline Junior Member

Red face Primal Journal - Marilee

Primal Fuel
    Hello,

My name is Marilee and I am 47 years old. 5 years ago I had lap band surgery. I lost 60lbs going from 235 to 175lbs in 2 years. Shortly after I started my new job 3 years ago, the weight crept back on. I was up to 205 lbs again in Mar of 2011. Not much had really changed since surgery. I still canít eat a lot. It was my food choices that were bringing me down (and fattening me up). I was angry and depressed. I hated myself and my failures so much. I joined a weight loss challenge in Mar and lost 10lbs. That was it.

In May I was referred to the Daily Apple website and things have finally changed! I have lost 25lbs and feel great. The main thing is my change in attitude! I have converted 3 more people to the proper way to eat because they have seen the tremendous change in me. Iím happy, I havenít had a migraine in months, and I am generally just a different person.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Marilee! Glad it is going well for you.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

1/16/12

Should I weigh myself daily? It gets to be so frustrating seeing the ups and downs, but I know when the downs happen it makes me happy. Maybe I should just stick to Fridays, but it is hard to not check every day! 172Lbs this morning! I want to be under 170 by next week.
    I was unable to do sprint yesterday as the hunters in the field did not leave until 5:30. I love my weekend sprints with Anja and Diva and hate when I have to miss them.
    Breakfast this morning was bacon. I so love bacon.
    Lunch is Thai beef lettuce wraps with asian slaw. I have to go find almond butter though so next time I can make it without peanut butter.
    Dinner will be tougher as I am going out with Jen and I usually eat horribly around her. Not her fault. I just make poor choices when around other people. Tonight should be different as we are going grocery shopping and tomorrow she comes to the primal side! I know it will work for her and am so excited to help her get started. After shopping we will cook her food for the week.
    I am so looking forward to the Gorilla Run this weekend also. I have raised $250 and hope to reach $500. I get my packet and gorilla suit today and my disco outfit and afro arrive on Wed. Should be a blast! I am, however, finding myself pissed at the people who don't donate. I feel like I am generous with everyone's causes, and I also give to people when I win prizes and can't use them (like Christina taking the 4 pack of tickets from me, saying she will donate, but then doesn't). I start to take it personally and I just have to learn to let it go!
    Last edited by Marilee; 01-18-2012 at 01:00 PM.

See what I mean about weighing every day. Back to 173 this morning. Of course, I ate poorly last night and had three margaritas. Fried foods and cheese nachos. I have got to learn better behavior in restaurants!
    Breakfast today was a bacon and egg taco, I had some bacon around 9 am, and lunch will be the lettuce wraps again. Luckily no plans tonight so can go home and eat healthy! Yeah me...I can do this!
    Last edited by Marilee; 01-23-2012 at 09:56 AM.

Ug. Horrible day already. PMS in full swing. Look out world. Bitch on the loose.
    I needed sweets so much last night that I finally broke down and made gingerbread. I had two pieces. It really sucks when I do good all day and then the night screws me up. I have discovered I can live without bread, but damn I need sweets! Especially this time of the month.
    I also feel that I am shooting for 80% primal and that is why I am able to make excuses for my poor choices (a trick I have mastered over a lifetime).
    I need to shoot for 100% primal so when I do OCCASIONALLY make mistakes I won't feel so bad.
    I also posted on FB last night because my feelings are getting hurt about my fundraiser. Not one person in my office has donated. Not one. 3 people from downtown did, one I have only met once. On FB I have 128 friends and only 11 have donated. 8 of those were family. I asked why and everyone says the same thing. "I'm broke". Which would be fine, if I then didn't have to read about their hair and nail appointments, and their wild nights downtown. It's fine if they don't want to contribute, but don't give me the "broke" excuse when it's obvious they are not.
    OK......so I need an attitude adjustment big time! So far today I am out of coffee creamer and bacon. I had to eat one of the bacon and cheese hot dogs I had in the fridge. I only ate 1/2 because it just wasn't, well, bacon! I love me some bacon.
    Maybe I'll update at the end of the day and see if I can't snap out of this funk. I start the laser hair removal today. Oh, yippee! More pain! My midlife crisis is in full swing! Not sure how much more my body can take!

Ok, so lunch was good and I'm doing a little better. Had more lettuce wraps. It's a good thing I love them! I ran out of the sauce and will have to make more tonight, as well as thaw out the Thai Beef in the freezer.
    Last edited by Marilee; 01-19-2012 at 10:34 AM.

Still in a pissy mood today? You betcha. But I am not going to let it derail me. I had bacon for breakfast and I am about to have Thai beef wraps for lunch. I made some more sauce last night and this time used almond butter instead of peanut butter. Yes! Dinner will be parmesan crusted chicken and veggies. I think I will add some mustard to the mayo I coat the chicken with and see how that tastes.
    Weight this morning was 174, but with the PMS it is not really a surprise, so I am not going to let it get me down.
    I am so looking forward to the run on Sat. Tomorrow night we all get together to learn some disco dance steps. I hope we win a prize for best costumes!
    I forgot a very important thing! When I stepped away from my desk a little while ago, someone put a big pile of fried zucchini on my desk, ranch dressing included. I freaking love fried zucchini. But I ate one, and handed them back to her. Good for me!
    Last edited by Marilee; 01-20-2012 at 11:32 AM.

I need a Girl Scout cookie. I swear those cookies have crack or something in them! Always before I would buy a few boxes, promising to put some in the freezer for later, and within two days they would all be gone! Not this year. This year I refuse to buy even one box. I don't need them. I don't want them. No, no, no!
    This morning weight was 173. I have decided to save weighing for Fri only, as that is when I have to notate it in my spreadsheet. Tonight is race pre-party and costume try on. I'm very much looking forward to hanging out with new friends. I love the fact that my weight loss has made me open to new things. I mean really, would I have run through Austin dressed as a gorilla last year? Nope, probably not.
    Let the weekend begin!
    Last edited by Marilee; 01-23-2012 at 09:44 AM.

What a great weekend, but I am exhausted. Completely fell off the primal wagon on Sat (stuffed french toast and bottomless mimosa's) but jumped right back on Sun. The run was so much fun and quite an adventure. 1000 people running the streets of Austin dressed as gorillas. I can't wait for next year.
    I have been having lots of problems sleeping again. My RLS is so bad on low carb. It is so hard to make the trade off but I have to lose the weight. I have been stuck around 172 (173.5 today) for months now and I have to make a concentrated effort to stay on track.
    Jen and I are going to the gym today to lift heavy things. I hope this will help jumpstart my weight loss again. I would like to be below 150 before my birthday in May. 48?? Really?? How is that possible?
    I left my food at home today, but luckily had some leftovers here at work. Breakfast was bacon. Lunch wll be the last of the Thai beef. I have read that you can lose weight if you eat the same things daily for two weeks, then change to something else for two weeks. Seems simple enough, but wouldn't you get sick of the food. Since my finances are low this week it is going to be forced on me anyway. So the rest of this week is bacon for breakfast (I bought some really good uncured bacon that I am loving right now) and lunch will be egg and avocado salad. Dinner is parmesan crusted chicken and mashed cauliflower and turnips. These are all my current favorites so hopefully I won't get sick of it.

fondalashay is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marilee View Post
    Should I weigh myself daily?
    I think you are just going to stress yourself more if you weigh yourself daily. Weight and measurements are very differnt too.

From what I have read and experienced, every other sunday is good. Weight yourself and measure your self. Then you have that for a log. What then you will start to see is your actual body composition changing. Your jeans ect looser. And you will notice more how you feel.

Stressing over a number is just going to screw with your cortisol.

This also might be a good article for you: The 'weighting' game

fondalashay is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Marilee View Post
    I have been having lots of problems sleeping again. My RLS is so bad on low carb. It is so hard to make the trade off but I have to lose the weight.
    Are you take magnesium for your RLS? It will help TONS! My sister takes Calm Magnesium mixed as a drink before bed and has seen major improvements - it is so worth a try. Especially since most of us are magnesium deficient. Read about magnesium deficiency here and here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast