Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primal Journal - Marilee page 2

Marilee is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks Fonda!
    You are right. I need to not worry about the weight. As long as I feel good, that's what matters.
    I have not tried magnesium but will add it in. I take a prescription for my RLS but when I am low carb the failure rate seems to increase and I have more sleepless nights.

In spite of another bad sleep night I am determined to have a good day today. The water weight I have been holding on to for the last week is coming off day. I am determined to drink 6 bottles of water today (1 1/2 down so far). Breakfast was 2 pieces of bacon. I just snacked on my egg and avocado salad. Dinner will be chicken and mashed cauliflower.
    Jen and I never made it to the gym yesterday. She was late getting off and I was just pissy in general, so I went home. Luckily there are no sweets in my house so I didn't go crazy. We are going today! I think that having a workout partner will be good for me also. I get so bored walking on the treadmill.
    On the gorilla run on Sat I wore my five fingers. This was the first real test for me. My ankles hurt, but in a good way. Its those muscle you are not used to using that suddenly get used kind of hurt. I hope the shoes will help with my tendon problem.
    I have put the scale away in the closet and will only bring it out on Fri when I update my spreadsheet. I still haven't measured yet.
    I offered Jen my old size 14 jeans. She is worried she won't be able to fit in them, but I know it won't be long til she can. I think it really helps me stay true to primal now that I am helping her. It motivates me to not cheat.
    I now have 4 pair of size 10 jeans. This was just so amazing to me I almost cried in the dressing room. I don't think I have been in a size 10 since I was 16. I can't wait for the 8's! The thrift store has become my friend, as I refuse to buy new clothes until I reach my goal. Since my job allows me to wear jeans this is all I really buy.
    So, long term goal is to reach 130lbs. Short term is to reach 150 by my birthday in May.
    I can do this!

Wow, quite a storm last night. I wasn't allowed to leave my neighborhood due to flooding. I was 45 mins late to work.
    I had a good workout with Jen yesterday. We walked for 20 mins (I have to start her out slowly) then lifted heavy things for a while. Whew, its been a while and my back feels it. In a good way of course. She's going to be a tough nut to crack. She is going with me to the gym today, but wants to go for drinks after. I can't do that. Drinking can only be once a week for me as alcohol leads to poor food choices. I have to really try for 100% primal for this to work for me.
    Breakfast today was bacon. Lunch is egg/avocado salad. Dinner will be mashed cauliflower and chicken.

Great work out yesterday. For me anyway. Jen is good at making excuses. I have to keep working on her.
    I am sore today and loving it. My abs are especially sore. It really hurt to sneeze this morning.
    We did go out to eat yesterday. I had two drinks, but luckily my food choices were awesome! Grilled chicken and veggies. I am getting better at this!
    Today will be my standard food. I had bacon for breakfast, egg/avo salad for lunch, and chicken and mashed cauliflower for dinner.
    I am really loving the fact I am back to not being hungry all the time. It amazes me that when I fall off the wagon, it takes so long to get that feeling back.

Typed out a long post, damn internet went down. This will be a wrap up.
    I had a bad food weekend and feel like crap because of it. All I want to do is sleep. Back on track today.
    Breakfast was bacon, tuna salad for lunch. Dinner? Who knows but I will make the correct choice.
    The problem I have is sweets. If I have any at all I crave more for days. I just need to recognize this and not have any.
    Hitting the gym today and all this week except Thurs. Have to go get my lab results. I am anxious to see what they say, especially the urine calcium, as I have not been taking my calcium.

So I have dropped off terribly and have now promised myself.....no more! I am at 181 today because of the horrible way I have been eating. I got my email on Fri that said my in the making profile is up and damn that was a wake up call! If I am going to be held accountable on this website I have to commit to staying on the program.
    I have to start concerning myself with only me. My friend is good at making excuses and then blames me for her failures. I won't have that responsibility. I can only be responsible for myself and she either makes the commitment or she doesn't. Her choice, her responsibility.
    Today is a new day and breakfast will be bacon, lunch is mediterranean tuna salad, dinner will be pork ribs. I will do this!

I will weigh Mon morning's from now on.

Mon morning weigh in = 177

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12