Thread: I'm NOT a cookie cutter! My Primal Journey page

nans is offline Member

I'm NOT a cookie cutter! My Primal Journey

Shop Now
    Hi there. I will share my story of how I found MDA and why I am doing this, but I don't have much time this morning.

As the title says, I am not a cookie cutter. What my journey looks like will not be a carbon copy of someone else. While I do and will continue to glean information from various stories, I have to figure out what works best for me....what allows me to feel how I want to feel, to be healthy, and to reach my goals.

I am a Christian girl...therefore, God is a huge part of my journey. That may seem contrary to eating like a caveman. For me, I follow the PB because of my food addiction that I know God doesn't want for me. I am praying through all my decisions. Some may think I am over-thinking it. For me, I know that that is what I need to do. (I would prefer not to have the criticism over this aspect, however, I can take it. I know what is True for me.) I am searching for how to eat to have the food addiction overcome, how to exercise so that I can be fit, and what my goal should be...weight, body fat, clothing size, etc.

So, here we go!

Nan

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Nan. Good luck on primal.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

nans is offline Member
    Thanks.

I first found MDA while cutting grains and sugars due to a A1c in the prediabetic range. I have an NP who treats naturally and she gave me the chance to make changes to my lifestyle instead of giving me meds. She recommended cutting grains and sugars (with a once or twice a week allowance to make it do-able). What ensued was the low carb flu, followed by carbs, followed by the low carb flu, followed by carbs, etc. It was a vicious cycle for me. In mid-May, I cut all grains and sugars. When I went back to the doctor after 3 months of the original prediabetes diagnosis, my A1c was back in the normal range. My son's birthday came around about a month to six weeks later and I "fell off the wagon" with his big fat birthday cookie. I realized then that the key to breaking the food addiction was avoiding the trigger foods, and making sure that God was a part of it. I have been battling to stay grain and sugar free since the end of August. I feel better when I do. I feel better on a fairly low carb diet actually...keeping it around 50 to 60g per day. So, I am posting my journey here for accountability and honesty. Advice is welcome, of course. My plan for the next week is as follows:

No grains.
    No sweets.
    45 minutes of exercise (for the week).
    4 servings of fruit for the week (total).

That will leave me with veggies, meat, etc. Primal. I will do this for a week and evaluate how I feel staying strict to it. After praying for a while about it, I feel like this is the starting point for me.

Nan
    Nan
    ----------------
    Wife to a Hero
    Mom to 2 Super Silly Boys

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46540.html

nans is offline Member
    Feeling terrible today...woke up at 2:30 this morning with a horrible sore throat. Then back up at 4:30 this morning for work. The highlight of the day was surprising our boys with picking out a new puppy! He is only 3 weeks old, so we have to wait another 4 weeks to get him. We are all so excited!

Tomorrow is supposed to be weigh-in day. I think not. Am I the only one who eats like crazy when their throat gets sore????
    Nan
    ----------------
    Wife to a Hero
    Mom to 2 Super Silly Boys

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46540.html