Thread: Portland cave people page

PaleoBear is offline Junior Member

Portland cave people

Shop Now
    I just moved here to Portland, Tualitan to be exact, today and I am starting my primal life today as well. I've been researching for a while but figured the move day would be a grear start day as well. Anyway, I don't know a soul in this part of the country and well... that doesn't fly with me! So this is a shout out to all the Groks and Grokettes here, where are you?!

KWM
    KWM is offline Member
    I'm about 120 miles east of you, but came from Vancouver/Portland Metro and used to work out in your neck of the woods. Found a GREAT paleo-friendly MD in Hood River. Welcome to the Great Pacific NorthWET. I think we have the snow you're supposed to get today.

Bethoc is offline Junior Member
    Hi PaleoBear,

Welcome. I'm up in the SW PDX/Beaverton area. I'm planning on attending the Primal Blueprint Transformation Seminiar on 1/30.

Working my way thorugh the PB books and working on easing myself into the PB lifestyle.

Bethoc

The Scott is offline Member
    I wished i could say im from beaver town..lol I was excited when i saw Portland but i live in the right coast Portland.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Shout out from Tigard...Enjoying the rain:-)

ASmallOne is offline Senior Member
    80 miles or so south of you in Corvallis. Tualatin has an epic whole foods market on Upper Boones Ferry Rd. Also hit up road runner sports one exit south of that on lower boones ferry for some minimalist running shoes if that's your thing. Portland farmer's market rocks-- right now it's in winter mode, lots of meat, google it up-- saturdays 10-2. summer mode is much more epic. As was said before, welcome to the pacific northWET... it's a great time to fall in love with cod liver oil (vitamin D supplements). we visit tualatin once every few weeks for a whole foods restore, you picked a very convenient place!
    Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
    Friend me on "The Facebook"
    Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

Meegeek is offline Senior Member
    Howdy from Rivergrove, we are just a few miles downriver from you. I could actually kayak to that Whole Foods from my house. Welcome, to the NW. Everything ASmallOne said above.

Learn to love walking in the rain!!!
    "When you can't run, you crawl. And when you can't crawl, when you can't do that ... you find someone to carry you."

Onward....my primal journal
    2012 Slow Movement Challenge: My distance so far = 665 kM

My Map My Tracks Profile

ReconGeek is offline Junior Member
    We just moved to West Linn, not too far from you, just this past year. I am just getting into this new diet/lifestyle, and also heading to the seminar tonight, hoping to meet some new people too...