Thread: dessicated liver? page

lizzychan5 is offline Senior Member

dessicated liver?

Primal Fuel
    I've been thinking of buying some dessicated liver pills and would like to know the best brand to take. I'm currently taking Blue Ice cod liver oil + butter oil blend pills, but they are so pricy I limit myself to only 2 caps a day.

I know the easy thing to do is just eat some beef liver, but I can't.... no matter how hard I try if I know its in my food I won't be able to eat it. After I took cod liver oil for the first time I got food poisoning (not from the cod liver oil) so my body has a bad reaction to the smell and taste of liver (regardless of the animal). When I make my cats raw cat food I even get a little sick when I smell/handle the beef liver I chop up for them.

Also, whats a good number of capsules I should take daily?

lizzychan5 is offline Senior Member
    oops, I might of found a good way to choke down liver. Freezing it in little chunks and swallowing it down like a pill. I'd still like peoples thoughts on dessicated liver, good/bad?

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzychan5 View Post
    oops, I might of found a good way to choke down liver. Freezing it in little chunks and swallowing it down like a pill. I'd still like peoples thoughts on dessicated liver, good/bad?
    I have been taking it for a couple months since I too can't stomach it as food. So far as I know, it should work.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.