Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal in Indiana, begging for help. (Literally) page

rabraham2 is offline Senior Member

Primal in Indiana, begging for help. (Literally)

Shop Now
    I want to know, is there anybody in the Southern Indiana area who would be willing to help me out? I could use an actual person to talk to, face to face, instead of just a computer screen. My problem is, I feel like I don't have the motivation I need to keep with this long enough for it to become habit. When I quit smoking, I did it not because i finally decided that my health was a good enough reason to quit, I did it because my boyfriend told me to think of our future together, and that was the push I needed.

Where he has no ill things to say about me trying this lifestyle, he doesn't honestly care that I do this diet. He has no issues with me as I am, and doesn't care if i'm skinny or big. Yes, he wants me to be healthy, but he things i'm doing this JUST to loose weight. I explained that the purpose of this lifestyle is to become healthy, that the weight loss is just a pleasant side-effect (basically). He does support me in my efforts, but not in the way he did with my quitting smoking. Does that make sense? He doesn't like diets, and he sees this as just another diet, not a lifestyle. It doesn't help that both times i've said i'm doing this, i've not stuck with it. The first time was due to lack of money and a fundamental inability to attain the proper foods to eat, therefore unable to stick to the guidelines of the lifestyle. basically i was surrounded by bready sugary foods, and couldn't afford to buy my own veggies and meats, and had no say in the shopping to be able to take out the breads and sugars completely. Right now, it's simply me getting used to my budget, so sometimes I have to fall back on what's available, which does sometimes end up being bready things. That, and I have a head cold, so it's all I can do to stay awake and alert at work without worrying about what i'll have for lunch. I do still choose salad over a sandwich if those are the only two choices, but not so much meat lately.

I digress. what i'm looking for is somebody i can talk to in person, basically a friend, who is doing the same thing as me, and can give me the moral support I need. Hell, i'd even be willing to pay for therapy to figure out why i don't seem to have the motivation to do this for myself, by myself, without an outward shove. I'd also like somebody who can go on walks/bike rides/bowling/roller skating/etc with me. I need some major help here. i've accepted this fact, and i'm reaching out for it. I'm willing to do whatever I need to to accomplish my goals. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!
    A rose by any other name.

lexie is offline Senior Member
    Not in your locale, unfortunately, but I just wanted to say I'm sorry you're struggling and that I hope you find a support buddy.

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    Hey. Just letting you know I'm not ignoring your post. But I'm in Colorado so thats not really much help. Plus this will bump your post so it shows up again! Good luck finding someone!

lol, thank you guys.

StarryEyedSarahJ is offline Junior Member
    Hey there,
    I'm way up in Muncie but I feel your pain. My fiance doesn't see the point of dropping grains and processed crap even though he knows that he feels better without them. So I am stuck without much support, as well. BUT! I've found that people in these forums are always willing to help and provide motivation when I need it. A major lifestyle change has to be a personal journey anyway if you want it to last, so maybe this will teach me to listen to what my own body needs to thrive. Good luck, and if you're ever up in the Muncie area shoot me a message and we can do lunch and some chin ups or something!

~Sarah
    Wag more, bark less.

lol, I appreciate the offer. I don't see myself being in that area, though. I'm in Clarksville/Jeff, and the furthest I have call to go is Henryville.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry you are struggling, unfortunately I am all the way here in Australia, otherwise id help in a second
    Hope you find someone to help you soon.

Thank you very much. I hope your doing well. What are things like in Australia? I've always wondered what it would be like to visit there.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Its OK, not too bad really, but not home
    I am from New Zealand and even though we have been here 8 years, I miss NZ so bad, but overall its a pretty OK country

ah, cool cool. I've never traveled much outside of three different states. I'd love to go outside the US, though. Europe is my ultimate destination. England and France, and Ireland if I had the time/money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast