Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meat Eaters That Criticize Hunting page

Bosnic is offline Senior Member

Meat Eaters That Criticize Hunting

If you go find hunting videos on YouTube, there's no shortage of people ranting about how cruel they are for hunting. They even rant when the animal being hunted is overpopulated and ruining the ecosystem.

It's impossible that all of those comments come from vegetarians. How hypocritical of someone to talk about cruelty, simply because they get their meat from a store, already chopped up and without "a face". It's completely hypocritical. And I can imagine the animals they're eating had a worse life than the animals being hunted.

I don't hunt, and I instinctual am not "used to" seeing deer and other animals being killed. But I understand that's a instinctual emotion, and had I been hunting as a kid I would be fine with it. These people instantly translate this emotion into some argument against hunting, which is ridiculous.

I respect the vegetarians who are criticizing it more than the meat eaters. At least they aren't hypocrites.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    You read the comments on trolltube? Lmao!
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, that's like my family. I want to hunt, they threaten to disown me while eating mcdonalds. Little do they know that I killed small birds growing up. The rabbits didn't stay still long enough to hit with a rock.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    It's a combination of Disney conditioning and ignorance about what really happens to factory farmed animals. They just need a little gentle enlightenment.

There are some crappy hunters out there who have no qualms about leaving a wounded animal to suffer, but overall there is no comparison in my mind to the amount of suffering generated by factory farmed meet. Trapping is another story, IMO. I think there is a lot of suffering associated with trapping.

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    What about the hunters who don't eat their kills?

I just read a comment the other day about a guy who loves to hunt ducks, but doesn't eat them. He doesn't kill them for other people either - he just kills to kill.

To destroy life for no other reason than fun, disgusts me.

Laconophile is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosnic View Post
    If you go find hunting videos on YouTube, there's no shortage of people ranting about how cruel they are for hunting. They even rant when the animal being hunted is overpopulated and ruining the ecosystem.

It's impossible that all of those comments come from vegetarians. How hypocritical of someone to talk about cruelty, simply because they get their meat from a store, already chopped up and without "a face". It's completely hypocritical. And I can imagine the animals they're eating had a worse life than the animals being hunted.

I don't hunt, and I instinctual am not "used to" seeing deer and other animals being killed. But I understand that's a instinctual emotion, and had I been hunting as a kid I would be fine with it. These people instantly translate this emotion into some argument against hunting, which is ridiculous.

I respect the vegetarians who are criticizing it more than the meat eaters. At least they aren't hypocrites.
    I agree 100%.

I have more respect for someone who actually does the dirty work than someone who just buys their meat at the supermarket and 'sees no evil, hears no evil, and thinks no evil' about where the meat is coming from.
    Ye shall know them by their fruits.

bowfisher is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Marie View Post
    What about the hunters who don't eat their kills?

I just read a comment the other day about a guy who loves to hunt ducks, but doesn't eat them. He doesn't kill them for other people either - he just kills to kill.

To destroy life for no other reason than fun, disgusts me.
    If he shoots them and donates them to people who will eat it, then I don't see the problem. If the meat gets wasted, its illegal.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Even when I was a veg, I supported hunting. IMO, the kindest life is a good one in a field or woods with a quick death at the end. I still don't eat factory farmed meats. But people are stupid and don;t think about how exactly that meat in the foam package was killed and raised. I mean, look at it this way- I'd rather you shoot me unexpectedly out on a trail run than be raised in a pen, standing in my own feces, thrown on an overcrowded truck, put on an assembly line, hoping the guy making $6 an hour knows how to use the captive bolt right.... watching the person in front of me die and smelling their blood.

We get a little sentimental about animals lives. They know suffering and pain, that's for sure. But they aren't aware of life spans- a horse being euthanized isn't thinking as the needle goes in..."no more grain, no horse shows, I'll miss seeing my foal show"... they simply aren't aware of the concept of death like we are. So a good life and a quick death with no suffering is a good deal, even if they don't get eaten.

DavidBrennan is offline Banned
    I swear that I sometimes suspect that all the "anti-hunting" people are actually just hunters in disguise staging a mini false flag just to drum up arguments. I say this because, I've always been pretty argumentative and look for stupid things to debate about, but I've never once, in my entire life, met anybody who had a problem with hunting. Ever.

Every time somebody is complaining about "anti-hunting critics" or whatever, they're never talking about somebody that they actually know, but somebody they heard about from the mainstream media. These (supposed) anti-hunting people are so rare that the mass media has to run out and find them (or fabricate them in the first place) to stir up hatred and distrust. I would guess that it's fewer than 1 in 100,000 people who say that hunting should be banned or anything along those lines.

So I think that this is basically a media-generated non-issue used to get people fighting with each other. Divide and conquer.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My dad's coworker: "How can you shoot at innocent little Bambi?!?"
    My dad: "I have never shot a cartoon character in my life."

It does happen. My wife's family is not against hunting per se, but they've had bad experiences with hunters and don't let them on their land anymore. I could probably go hunting there, and there is one cousin that hunts there, but the deer hunters shooting cows, or the bear hunters drinking beer in their trucks, watching their dogs roam on a GPS tracker through other people's land and homes and farms are not making any friends. Many of their neighbors seem to have similar views.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast