Thread: Am I doing this right? page

mpeepsy is offline Junior Member

Am I doing this right?

Primal Fuel
    Hi, I am a 21 guy, and i've been on the pb diet/lifestyle for about a week now. Minus two small snacks (both were very small bowls of pasta), I have completely stopped eating processed foods, grains, legumes, dairy, etc. I do not drink alcohol, and sleep ~8 hours a night. I am not looking to lose weight - in fact, the opposite is true. Everything seems to be going fine, but I had a few questions:

1. A typical day for me (food-wise) might be something like
    Breakfast - Eggs, bacon, and some vegetable (usually an entire cucumber or green pepper)
    Lunch - Cold cut turkey/ham/roast beef (from deli), a can of pears/peaches, and an entire bag of salad
    Dinner - A large steak, a can of peaches/pears/fruit cocktail, carrots/cucumbers
    Snack - If I have one, it is either a few squares of 80% dark chocolate or salted almonds

My question is, is what I'm eating and the amounts I'm eating them in, alright for the PB?

2. I seemed to have had dandruff for a few years now, but it seems to be more intense lately. This could be because I'm monitoring myself more often, but I don't believe its ever been this bad. Could this be a detox thing?

3. I have had light acne as well, and sometimes a bump or two will show up on my arms or back. Lately, though, it seems to have been more prevalent. Is this something similar to the dandruff?

4. About when did you begin to notice significant differences in your body after starting PB? Two weeks? A month? 6?

** I am 21 with a mediocre job, so choosing grass-fed beef and other similar things are too expensive for me. I do buy lean meats, mixed salads (never iceburg), and exercise according to the PB model.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    1. It's a great start. I'd cut the canned fruit. Get fresh, in season fruit. And deli meat isn't great-wild fish/seafood, grass-fed beef, bison, pastured chicken-all much better options. But you need to do what you can afford.
    2 & 3. Yes, sounds like a detox reaction.
    4. This will vary for everyone, I think a couple of weeks in I felt better, slept better, had more energy.
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Korga is offline Member
    I'd ditch the canned fruit; that's a big dose of sugar. Eat a handful of berries or a bit of fresh fruit. The vegetables you have chosen are all REALLY low in carbs. You might feel less need for sugar or sweets if you add in more starchy root vegetables like (sweet potato, Parsnip, Turnip, beets, carrots), squash, Cauliflower and Broccoli. One meat and two big servings of vegetables per meal is good. The other things sound like detox to me. Give it six weeks.

mpeepsy is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the quick response. I will definitely follow what was said, cutting out the canned fruit and getting fish. Just to be clear though: even canned fruits, kept only in their own juice (no corn syrup or anything), and without me drinking the juice, still have way too much sugar?

rayout is offline Senior Member
    I would be worried about the BPA in the cans. Cheaper and healthier to get the fresh stuff though, or frozen berries. If you aren't trying to lose weight I can't imagine how a serving a day would be bad.

Lunch meat isn't the best option though - it's pretty processed to be honest. Pretty good start though.