This isnt true primal because it uses 1/4 cup agave nectar, but its something to enjoy in moderation when the craving for something sweet just cannot be denied! Works best if poured into popsicle molds, as the ice cream turns rock-hard in the freezer. Also helps with portion control. You will need an ice cream maker and a blender. I use the Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt/Ice Cream/Sorbet maker.

Ingredients:

1-2 cans Coconut milk (research the best kind -- I use Chaokoh)

A quart or so of berries (I like strawberries and raspberries)

1/4 cup agave nectar

1 tsp vanilla

1-2 tbsps vodka (optional -- makes the berry flavor pop, and keeps ice cream from freezing into a rock in the freezer)

Thats it!

To start, the amount of coconut milk you use will depend on the quantity of your other ingredients. I find that I usually end up using about a can or 1.5 cans (about 2 cups). The goal is to get everything to equal about 4 cups before pouring it into a standard ice cream maker.

Blend quart of berries in a blender with 1/4 cup agave and 1 tsp vanilla. This should yield about 2 cups of berry mixture. Add 1-2 tbsps vodka and mix well. Let chill in the fridge for about an hour. Pour into 4 cup pyrex (or whatever you have that measures 4 cups), and add chilled coconut milk until you hit the 4 cup mark (should be about 1-1.5 cans). Mix it all together, pour into ice cream maker, and let churn for about 30 minutes.

Its best eaten right out of the ice cream maker while its soft. Putting it in the freezer turns it realllly hard, which is why I scoop it into popsicle molds and stick those in the freezer. Works great! Berries can obviously be replaced with any other ingredients you choose. Just make sure you are putting in about 4 cups of mixture into the ice cream maker, so add more coconut milk as necessary.

Enjoy!