Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My primal journal (dvaron) - whole30 challenge starts tomorrow page 2

dvaron is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Back at work today after a very hectic weekend. Even though I didn't get too much sleep last night, I am waking up with sooo much energy. I feel like I only need 6-7 hours of sleep, even though previously I used to be exhausted on 8 hours. I never have a problem getting up super early when I hear my twins start babbling.

B: 2 eggs with mushrooms, 1 TBS coconut oil, 1/2 avo, handful raw almonds

S: large salad with 2 TBS homemade mayo, 2 boiled eggs, macadamia nuts (yes, I still see to be starving mid-morning at around 9am... perhaps not eating enough protein at breakfast?. I tend to gorge at this time and then I'm not hungry the rest of the day)

L: wasn't too hungry at lunch, so ate celery sticks and can tuna in olive oil

45 min walk with the dog

D: lots of steamed veges, 1/2 avo

I need to increase the protein in my breakfast so I can get through to lunch time... I don't think eggs are cutting it

I had another early morning session with the personal trainer, 6am - half an hour of heavy weights. I didn't have the post workout carb today and felt much better. I didn't get so ravenously hungry mid-morning, but that said it wasn't as hard a session as last week.

Pre-workout - munched on steamed colliflower from last night's dinner.

B: Small bowl chopped liver with boiled egg, 1/2 avo

S: 2 handful macadamia nuts, celery sticks, 1 boiled egg.

L: out for lunch with client, and had morton bay bugs with grilled salmon and tomato salsa. Wasn't strictly paleo and I felt bloated all afternoon, I am not sure what was in it that set me off. I especially didn't have wine or bread...

S: small handful of macadamia nuts (still having way too many nuts, maybe next week I won't buy any)

D: wasnt too hungry for dinner so had a couple of mouthfuls roast beef with tiny bit of homemade mayo.

Feeling good all day, not too shattered after training. I think it is definately a good thing not to have carbs post workout

Its Wednesday, which means a day at home with the twins. I did HIIT training today, this time a few hours after breakfast, and didn't have any carbs afterwards. I felt so much better than last week. Obviously carbs are a bad idea for me, even after an intense workout. I did struggle with the HIIT training though as it was much hotter by 9am. It was also my first no nuts day, and I did feel much better and less bloated by the end of the day.

B: roast beef, 1/2 avo, steamed veges.

Post workout (after HIIT): boiled egg and homemade mayo. My blood sugars stayed pretty constant after this and I managed to make it to lunch time.

L: salad with homemade mayo and roast beef. I have increased the amount of fat eg mayo so I don't get cravings for nuts after meals.

D: steamed veges, roast beef, avo.

After a day looking after my twins I am exhausted and need to go to sleep very early

Thursday - another morning exercise session and again felt better without the carbs. I also recovered much better. Today was a public holiday and therefore a big social BBQ. Lots of meat was prepared, with marinade, so it was unavoidable that I had a couple of bites with marinade on... this was probably my first "cheat". The salad also had a bit of dressing on it- probably a big sugary. I was unusually hungry a few hours later.

Pre-workout meal: very small serve chicken and roast beef (a couple of bites)

B: (post workout): 2 eggs, mushrooms, 1 TBS coconut oil, 1/2 avo

S: celery and 1tsp mayo

S: small can tuna in olive oil

L: (very late lunch): piece of beef (with marinade), avocado and chicken salad (probably with a bit of dressing on it).

D: grilled salmon, steamed veges, 1 tsp mayo.

I also made it through the day with no nuts, feeling a lot better

I was sooo tired today after being up for hours last night with a crying baby. It felt like the old days where we didn't have any sleep. THe most amazing thing about eating primal is that I didn't actually feel so bad, even after being up from 1.30am - 3.30am. I could still get through my day. Before eating primal I could never have done that.

B: grilled salmon, boiled egg with 1 tsp homemade mayo, steamed veges.

S: boiled egg and celery

L: salad with sardines and 1.5 tbs mayo

D: BBQ with steamed veges, 5 raw almonds. THe bbq chicken tonight was from the local takeaway shop, filled with breadcrumbs. Even though I didn't have any stuffing I am sure a little may have gotten mixed in, and low and behold I was left feeling bloated afterwards and craving carbs.

Tried white tea for dessert for the first time... nothing special, I think I will stick with green

Today was a big day at gym which set me up for a big day of hunger. I also kept on eating leftover BBQ chicken the whole day (as I didn't have any other easy protein sources on hand), and so felt bloated all day. I need to make more effort to ensure I always have leftover meat or fish available

B: leftover BBQ chicken, 1/2 avo, mushrooms

Workout - 45 mins weights and 1/2 hour very hard abs class

Post-workout meal: BBQ chicken, 2 eggs cooks in 1 tbs coconut oil (11am)

2pm: more chicken, small serve chopped liver leftovers, celery sticks

5pm: few tbs chopped liver

9pm: at a party, grilled beef skewer, celery sticks, mashed veges (including a bit of sweet potato).

Not such a good day of eating... I need to cut out the BBQ chicken, and the sweet potato left me craving carbs the next day

Sunday - a very good day of eating, no snacking

B: 3 eggs, 1/2 avo, almonds for dessert

L: Large salad with sardines mixed with mayo

D: rump steak, salad, 3 grapes

Monday - had an early morning PT session which set up the day for unbelievable hunger

Pre-workout: 1 bite paleo bolognaise

B: leftover steak, 1/2 avo, 1 tbs mayo

S: can tuna in olive oil

S: 2 boiled eggs with 1 tsp mayo

L: Large salad with mayo

3.30pm: 1 avo with 1 tsp mayo

7pm: leftover steak, steamed veges, small piece of lamb in tomato sauce, 2 grapes, celery for snack

Tuesday:

B: leftover steak, 2 eggs in 1tbs coconut oil, steamed veges, 1/4 avo, handful raw almonds

S: handful macadamias, 2 boiled eggs, celery

L: Large salad with 1 tsp mayo and sardines and balsamic vinegar

S: small can tuna in olive oil

D: (at work): 1/4 chicken (thigh) with raw mushrooms

PrimalCon New York
    I have not written for quite a few days as I experienced major IT/intenet issues and have not had access to the internet. It is amazing that when you are not forced to write down what you are consuming, it is so easy to start 'cheating'. I have still been feeling very good, but had 1.5 glasses of red wine on Saturday night, and have been eating a little more than I should have. I could tolerate alcohol so much better than I usually can.

So from tomorrow I am writing down everything I am eating again. I would like to continue to do this until I reach my goal weight.

Today:

5.45am workout with personal trainer.

Before work-out: few bites of colliflower.

After work-out: 3 eggs, 1tbs coconut oil, 1/4 avo, curried colliflower.

9am: 2 handfuls macadamia nuts, 1/2 avo, celery.

Lunch: large salad with large TBS may, small can tuna in olive oil

I am soooo full - try to only eat a very small dinner!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12